Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go Blake.

Comment

Blake, I hunt in NW Val Verde County. Were you seeing much movement? The GF and I are headed out tomorrow afternoon and staying until Tuesday. If it's still pretty green out there I'm gonna do a bunch of rattling.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Blake, I hunt in NW Val Verde County. Were you seeing much movement? The GF and I are headed out tomorrow afternoon and staying until Tuesday. If it's still pretty green out there I'm gonna do a bunch of rattling.

Yea the deer were moving pretty good seen a lot. I did some rattling but they didn’t seem interested. Im going to try it again when I go back after thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our members are seeing tremendous movement. Rut may be a little early this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
            Our members are seeing tremendous movement. Rut may be a little early this year.

Yea it’s going to be kicking off soon.

Comment

Anyone on this thread feed protein on their Val Verde lease. Just curious the amount of setups you keep up and the amount bags you go through From Dec to August? Also what percentage do you feed?

Comment

We feed cotton seed. 1/2 load (12,500 tons) will feed 14 feed sites from Jan - Aug.

Comment

How many acres and I’m assuming you buy in bulk? I can get sacks of it at Del Rio Feed but where do i go for Bulk?

Comment

7,000 acres. We buy from Wall, TX cotton gin.

Comment

Thank you I know exactly where that is at.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3987.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	24563066

Shot a hog last weekend and some pics from lease. Had a missed opportunity on a nice 8pt. Maybe I’ll get him next year.

Comment

we killed 3 more hogs this past weekend. That make 6 for my GF and 5 for me over the last 2 lease trips. They're getting outta hand. I haven't seen that many mature buck this year and the ones I have seen I didn't want to put a tag on. I'll be back out the weekend of the 15th.

Name:	Barrett_pig-1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	24563240

Name:	Terry#5.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	24563241

Name:	Terry#6-1.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24563242

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            we killed 3 more hogs this past weekend. That make 6 for my GF and 5 for me over the last 2 lease trips. They're getting outta hand. I haven't seen that many mature buck this year and the ones I have seen I didn't want to put a tag on. I'll be back out the weekend of the 15th.

[ATTACH]936655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]936656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]936657[/ATTACH]

Nice kills seen a lot more pigs lately and it seems like all our mature bucks disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
                              Nice kills seen a lot more pigs lately and it seems like all our mature bucks disappeared

We had a few big boys running around last week but they have gone back into hiding. I did kill 2 fox and a few older culls showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post

We've got more pigs this year than I have seen in the last seven years I've3 been on the lease. I've got cameras on 4 setups and they all have pigs coming in. Little ones, big ones, 8-10 to a group. It's unbelievable. But, I'm gonna do my best to eliminate as many as I can. One feeder has been destroyed this year. I'm glad it wasn't mine, but it's happened to me before.

I'm not sure what happened to the mature bucks. I had several really nice up and coming 8's last year at my setup and two bruisers that I had been watching all year and disappeared just before gun season opened but showed back up at the end of the season. I had already killed my mature deer so I hoped those two would be back this year and be even better. Nope. I haven't seen either one. I've seen 3 mature bucks this year and they just aren't what I'm looking for.

I've got pics of 3 mountain lions on my feeder and one on another. I'm concerned that the presence of those cats and all the pig activity has affected the area.

At this point, I'll kill culls/pigs/sheep/lions if it will help.

Comment

Working...
                                X