Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark your calendars.....Bownanza!

May 8th - America Pavilion, Veteran's Park

This year's Nanza will be just a little different. The park we had it at last year is a COVID Vaccine location and we are not going to be able to go back there. So...we were able to secure the American Pavilion again. However, and unfortunately, we are going to have to change it up with Teams, as we will not be able to have crawfish or fried fish. (The have included No Deep Fryers to the No Crawfish List).

But....we are a creative group ...so I have no doubt we can come up with a one "different" year plan. We can get back to the new park next year and pick up our normal Nanza routine

I'll work to see if I can get one of the hotels across the street to work with me on a block of rooms and update you on that ASAP.

No crawfish...... I'm out.

Prob not.
    Last edited by 12ring; 03-15-2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

If there are hotels across the street, wonder if could be worked out to do crawfish there?

Comment

Wooohooo

Comment

I may get beaten up and ran out of town, but air fried catfish isn't too bad. Not sure if there's an alternative to the crawfish, unless someone lives nearby would allow the team to cook at their house and transport to the park.

Comment

I say that's descrimination to us "Fishheads" and "mudbuggers"!! We need to start a class-action law suit!! How bout we start team "Texas HAMMER"??

It ****** me off, but we'll think of something...

Comment

Woohoo! IN

Comment

Great news.

Comment

...thinkin' out loud here, but there's more than one way to fry fish... A skillet and camp stove ain't a deep fryer... Mary is it the deep fryers they don't want or the cooking/serving of the fish? I bet our team could come up with a bunch of camp stoves and skillets if that's allowed??

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    ...thinkin' out loud here, but there's more than one way to fry fish... A skillet and camp stove ain't a deep fryer... Mary is it the deep fryers they don't want or the cooking/serving of the fish? I bet our team could come up with a bunch of camp stoves and skillets if that's allowed??
                    What I was told was... no deep fryer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      What I was told was... no deep fryer.
                      Probably a fire ordinance,

Comment

Dangit... that Sunday is Mother’s Day. I’ll check with the wife if she would like a “weekend getaway” for Mother’s Day, lol. I really, really want to make a ‘nanza and meet some of these folks I respect on the green screen in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So have the crawfish and catfish at the hotel parking lot during the Nanza eve party.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                              So have the crawfish and catfish at the hotel parking lot during the Nanza eve party.
                              That is probably not going to work with the hotel management

Comment

Working...
                              X