Need Help: Curve Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help: Curve Recommendations

I know this might be opening a can of worms.
    But I have been thinking about getting a recurve for hunting.

I have a 28 inch draw
    Currently shoot a 70lb Hoyt Axius Compound.

What are some good recommendations for a recurve?
    What is the price range to look into recurves?
    Please any advice or suggestions are welcomed.

Help if actually checked my spelling before I post things. Can someone please let me know how to I can edit my post's title?

Comment

I would just start a new thread. My suggestion for years on recurves is to go on Ebay or the classifieds here and find a gently used Samick Sage. It is an entry level bow that you can buy brand spanking new for about $130 or used for about $80. Get one in a fairly light weight as recurve bows are a totally different animal than compounds. 35 to 40 pounds is a good starting point. Don't be alarmed at the light weight and just consider this to be a training bow that will be sold in a few months when you upgrade to better quality and heavier limbs. The beauty of the Sages is that you can use them and sell them for about what you paid when you tire of them. I have four now in various weights. One is a dedicated bow fishing bow, one for pleasure shooting, two are left handed, and then I have some extra sets of limbs that I keep around just in case a newbie shows up and I want to put some light limbs on for them to use. I don't see myself ever selling the right handed bows as I customized the risers and have more labor in the bow than I do cost.

Comment

archery talk trad classified not bad either or post on our trad thread see if someone has one they would part with.

Comment

Working...
        X