Bow options for 10yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow options for 10yr old

I'm looking at purchasing a compound bow for my 10yr old son. So far Im liking the Mission Radik. Does anyone have any experience with this bow or something similar? Whats your experience with youth and compound bows?

My experience is I sell them 4 days a week.

Hammr, Radik or the Bear G2 or Royale depending on the child’s size. All very adjustable. Mission would be my first choice but the Bear is ok too

Comment

Would any of those choices be good for a 6 year old?

Comment

Both of my boys started with the mission hammr.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          Both of my boys started with the mission hammr.
          How old were they when they started?

Comment

Originally posted by 1968 View Post
            Would any of those choices be good for a 6 year old?
            Check the specs on a Diamond Atomic. Got one on the way for my 5yo grandson.

Comment

Thank you everybody for the info.

Comment

My son got his first doe with a bear bow when he was 10. I think the model is older and I am not sure of the name of the model. It is very adjustable and I could adjust it myself without a bow press. It adjusts both length of draw and poundage very easily. When my son was growing we had to sometimes adjust draw length during the season. The bear was easy to do this. The bow now belongs to my nephew. So far it has killed about 4 does and one buck and I don't believe there have been any wounded deer that were not found. I believe another very important factor is we used cut on contact broadheads with a main blade and a small bleeder blade. With that broadhead razor sharp we always got decent penetration.

I would say just make sure the draw length is easy to adjust and if you can do it yourself without a bow press it will save a lot of running around.

Comment

Originally posted by 1968 View Post
                  How old were they when they started?
                  Both were 10 years old..

Comment

My 11YO shoots the Mission Hashtag, which has a wide range of draw weight and draw length adjustment options. It's great.

Comment

Elite Basin

Comment

Working...
                      X