Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    Man not sure how I missed this thread but Congrats on the place, it looks awesome!!

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    Congrats. Enjoy it.

-john

Thanks, Gents.

Still working through those pics. I may have the same groups hitting both sites. I was very happy to not see a single pig on camera!

Did have one camera that had the battery compartment door open and a battery pulled out though. From the looks of it I think a coon was just checking my batteries for me.

Comment

i am really going to enjoy this and the darton thread. you guys are in position A it seems. im just hoping the locals are not too infested with thieves.

the sample size is small, but the estate sale shoppers looked harmless enough. maybe word will get out that the vehicles and elvis plates are already gone.

Comment

Congratulations on owning your own piece of land!!!! Someone said on here one time something like, "I may not be rich but when I enter the front gate of my place I feel like a million bucks!" He's right ya know!
        Enjoy it. What is also cool is your children growing up on it. Memories will be made!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
          Congratulations on owning your own piece of land!!!! Someone said on here one time something like, "I may not be rich but when I enter the front gate of my place I feel like a million bucks!" He's right ya know!

Enjoy it. What is also cool is your children growing up on it. Memories will be made!!!!!!

The kids are a big part of this. My family moved to the country when I was 12 and those next 6 years did allot to shape my views on things and give me a deeper appreciation for what God has created. I am in this for the memories and for helping to shape them in the same way.

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
          i am really going to enjoy this and the darton thread. you guys are in position A it seems. im just hoping the locals are not too infested with thieves.

the sample size is small, but the estate sale shoppers looked harmless enough. maybe word will get out that the vehicles and elvis plates are already gone.

This place is a fraction of the 4000 acres I’m used to hunting but it’s ours. That gives me peace and takes the pressure off because I’m taking a long term view.

Everyone I’ve spoken with seems to think we will be OK. I’ll be keeping the gate locked and taking precautions as I can. Regarding the crowd, they were a hoot to watch. It takes all kinds to make the world go round...

Comment

Well, the former owner and his treasures are gone and I’ll be back up this weekend to change the locks and get a lock on the main gate.

Will be headed up with Gracie. This will be my first night spent at the new place. Looking forward to the peace and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
              Well, the former owner and his treasures are gone and I’ll be back up this weekend to change the locks and get a lock on the main gate.

Will be headed up with Gracie. This will be my first night spent at the new place. Looking forward to the peace and quiet.
              CONGRATS & Enjoy the Weekend!!

Comment

Enjoy!!! Bet your excited

Comment

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Well, Gracie and I made a weekend of it. Mowed, sprayed Remedy to keep from
                  having to weedeat, unloaded some essentials (bed, shower stuff, etc), exterminated inside and out before jumping on the tractor. You know it’s a good day when everything starts! [emoji3]

Only thing I smooth forgot was to get my soil samples. Will have that on the “to do” list for next trip.

Mowing only took a couple of hours. I was at the helm but next time, the kids will be mowing. They should turn it into nearly an all day affair.

View from the front porch.

Gracie found a good way to beat the heat.

I thought about crawling in with her.

Enjoyed my first evening on the new place with a campfire.

The former owner did a good job of cleaning the place off but there is still work to do. This is the first of several trips to the dump.

Have three barn cats that came with the place. One looks somewhat lame as one leg kicked off to the side as to tore out like a bat out of hades when I showed up. The one was in stealth mode.

Cycled my cams.

The does were still springin.

The older doe on the right is noticeably bigger.

Young bucks just starting to get some growth.

Have a group of foxes by the pond. They were big players on cam-2.

The sunset from up on the hill was peaceful.

Changed the locks and put my lock on the main gate. Great feeling.

God is good.

Comment

The first true visit where the feeling finally settled on you that you are the owner! Very happy for you!

Comment

Congrats Booner! It only gets better!!!

Comment

Congrats, looking forward to more pics

Comment

good stuff boomer (c wat i did there). darton was gonna give an update too, maybe he went hollywood on us. love these okie threads.

Comment

Well, Gracie and I made a weekend of it. Mowed, sprayed Remedy to keep from
                            having to weedeat, unloaded some essentials (bed, shower stuff, etc), exterminated inside and out before jumping on the tractor. You know it’s a good day when everything starts! [emoji3]

Only thing I smooth forgot was to get my soil samples. Will have that on the “to do” list for next trip.

Mowing only took a couple of hours. I was at the helm but next time, the kids will be mowing. They should turn it into nearly an all day affair.

View from the front porch.

Gracie found a good way to beat the heat.

I thought about crawling in with her.

Enjoyed my first evening on the new place with a campfire.

The former owner did a good job of cleaning the place off but there is still work to do. This is the first of several trips to the dump.

Have three barn cats that came with the place. One looks somewhat lame as one leg kicked off to the side as to tore out like a bat out of hades when I showed up. The one was in stealth mode.

Cycled my cams.

The does were still springin.

The older doe on the right is noticeably bigger.

Young bucks just starting to get some growth.

Have a group of foxes by the pond. They were big players on cam-2.

The sunset from up on the hill was peaceful.

Changed the locks and put my lock on the main gate. Great feeling.

God is good.
                            Whats in the weeds next to buck?

You have any sheds to show?

Congrats on the purchase

Comment

nice place. you will enjoy it. Thanks for the pics and update.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                                good stuff boomer (c wat i did there). darton was gonna give an update too, maybe he went hollywood on us. love these okie threads.
                                Well executed, Sir. Translate “Hollywood” for me.....I may or may not agree. [emoji15]

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                                nice place. you will enjoy it. Thanks for the pics and update.
                                My pleasure.

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                The first true visit where the feeling finally settled on you that you are the owner! Very happy for you!
                                It began to settle Saturday night. Sitting in the quiet beside the campfire knowing that I don’t have to rush to do anything because this place will be there is an indescribable feeling.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Congrats Booner! It only gets better!!!
                                That’s incredibly encouraging because it feels great now.

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Congrats, looking forward to more pics
                                As soon as I can get back up I will. By the next trip we should have more antler growth and should be better able to differentiate between bucks.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Whats in the weeds next to buck?

You have any sheds to show?

Congrats on the purchase
                                I believe that is Robby the Raccoon. One coon seems to like to eat with the deer. [emoji1]

Sheds, yes. Have some small and larger ones. here’s one of the medium ones.
                                And one for the firewood: [emoji12]

No sheds that I’ve seen yet. Have yet to walk the whole place though. Would like to do so with an antler dog. That would be fun.

More to come...

Comment

Working...
                                X