No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had first injection of moderna on 12/31. Arm was sore for 3 days but that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      How did you qualify to get the shot first?
      Licensed Healthcare Provider

Comment

Got the first shot of Moderna New Years Eve. Pretty soar arm. Celebrated New years as usual. Hunted in the cold wind all flip'n weakend chasing my target buck. Monday rolls around and I feel pretty crummy the beginning of the week. Not sure if I can blame it on the vaccine or sitting in the wind all weekend, and maybe overdoing it a little. Most of my co-workers, that I've spoke to(especially the those over 50 just had the sore arm)

Comment

My son (EMT / ICU Tech) was advised to not book a shift the day after the 2nd dose. Feeling beat down after the 2nd dose is apparently pretty common.

He (and my wife) had 0 issues with the 1st shots.

Comment

I'm 49 and had first round on 12/23. I work in healthcare. My parents 75 and 76 got theirs on Sunday and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife (nurse) got the first round about two weeks ago and had nothing but a sore arm for 12 hrs. She will get her second dose this weekend.

Comment

Got my second one this morning after getting off shift. I was scheduled for it yesterday but we were told we shouldn't take it if we're scheduled to work same/next day as we're expected to have some reaction. They said about 30% or so could spike a temp which gets monitored at our entrance .no biggy. It passes quick. I'm one hour after shot. Plan on staying up today as I'm off a few days and sleeping through the expected reactions. We'll see how it goes.

I got my parents scheduled for their first shot this weekend.my sister got hers yesterday and said she was great.
                Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

How sore is a question I have? Sore and swollen as a shingles shot? 3 days of can't swing a hammer, draw a bow or anything useful?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                    I'm 49 and had first round on 12/23. I work in healthcare. My parents 75 and 76 got theirs on Sunday and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
                    My dad is going to get the vaccine, he is 84 and very active. I think his is scheduled next week.

Comment

Wife got it last night, zero side effects or soreness, I go @ 1:30pm and hopefully I don’t have any soreness, my two shingles vaccine took a couple of days to get back to normal
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-08-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        Just curious how old are you people that are getting the shots? I'm 68 and diabetic. I live in a tiny town and our hospital has not received and vaccine yet. I was told I qualified and they would let me know when they get some. The Dr, nurses and staff had to go get their shots in the next town. I will take the vaccine as soon as I can.
                        I'm 34. Was able to get it due to work. I was able to get my sister scheduled due to risk factors and my parents being above 65 plus risk factors.

All of us are doing pfizer
                        Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 01-08-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

in for info

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            How sore is a question I have? Sore and swollen as a shingles shot? 3 days of can't swing a hammer, draw a bow or anything useful?

It's just an annoyance. You know it's there. Mine kind fealt like it had fever in it at night the first couple nights. During the day when I was up and moving, didin't really notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

I'd say about like a tetanus shot

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how to get on the list or get an appointment in Allen. It's confusing as heck. For the OP and others on their second round, thanks for the info. Me and my wife both want to get the vaccine. Alecia is 69 and health issues qualify me for the 1B group.

Comment

Working...
                                X