Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend shot a big bull.
    His ebike quit working on the first day.luckily mine worked well. Took 2 trips, couple miles to truck.

I had a run in with a rattle bug. He was not giving up any ground.

Comment

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get home. I don't have tapatalk on my phone.

Comment

Let's see if this works...
        Attached Files

Comment

why they are side ways is beyond me.

If some one with less Happy juice in them can turn them right side up...much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Good stuff man! Congratulations to your buddy. There’s some cool wildlife out there. I probably would’ve ****** myself if I saw that rattler!

Comment

Heck yea, that is pretty dang good. Congrats to your buddy

Comment

Great pictures! I'm going to keep trying till I get one of those critters!

Comment

Doug, you and me both brother.

The guy that shot it is not big into mounts and was gonna leave the head there. I got it and am looking to get a euro mount done.

gotta find someone in Austin/Burnet/Georgetown area

Comment

The guy that shot it is not big into mounts and was gonna leave the head there. I got it and am looking to get a euro mount done.

Hang Em High Taxidermy in Granger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very Nice...Congratulations!

Comment

Nice work! I didn't even see one when I was down there in November!

Comment

Fantastic Bull! (great color too - has that nice dark hide)

Comment

This was our 3rd hunt at LANWR. Learning more & more about the place each hunt. Looking forward to another hunt in the near future.

Comment

Euro? My son would do it I bet in case you’re still looking. He’s done a bunch of WTs. In austin. pm me if so

Nice bull, I’m still trying for my first

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                Wow is all I can say. I love this place and freaking hate it at the same time. It broke my heart again. This was my fifth time down there but my first time with a rifle. On each day except for the last I saw more nilgai than all previous trips combined.

Already told yall about the bull and cow I saw the first morning. They were to my east. First pic is them. Second day I adjusted my spot to where I would have a better shot if they appeared in the same field. Well of course this time they came from the south. The bull appeared out of nowhere and he was on the same path as the cows from scouting day and headed right for me. I got real excited and thought I would have an easy hundred yard shot. Well three cows with calves came from the west and intercepted him. They all continued east through the treeline I was sitting on into the next field. I tried to range them but my shaky hands couldnt hold the rangefinder still enough. They stopped to graze a little and I knew I had to get closer or wouldnt have a chance. I squatted down and made my way south as quickly and quietly as I could and even had to crawl on hands and knees for at least 50 yards. I got to what I guesstimated was about two hundred yards away and set up using a tree branch for a rest. He was quartered to me with his head down when I pulled the trigger. I was aiming at the base of his neck right in front of his left shoulder. He stumbled back a couple steps as the cows all took off running to the east. He followed but couldnt keep up and was slowing down. I watched them run for a few hundred yards before they all turned north into the brush but he cut in at lease a couple hundred yards before the cows and was obviously hurt. Well as my luck at lanwr goes I couldnt find a drop of blood and a two hour blind search came up empty handed. Needless to say I was sick to my stomach and super disappointed. Second pic is the bull I shot. I came home empty handed and depressed swearing I would never go back but I know all too well that I will be applying for all hunts down there again next year. Someday it's gonna happen!

Dang man! I was pulling for you! Looks like a great bull too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X