• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Boy I got to try that. That looks fun.
    the .69 is a handfull when you touch it off

Video

Comment

Awesome bucks and beautiful black powder rifles!!

Comment

I was blown away by the accuracy of the .50 Traditions Flintlock that I build last year.
        Tried to finish it by hand (no power tools) as much as I could. Browned the barrel and used aquafortis on the stock.

Finally got to take it out this summer after my son and I finished the build.

Hit steel - offhand- at 60 yds first shot. I can't wait to use it this season late.

Comment

Congrats Marty, I shoot them more these days than modern rifles myself both flintlock n percussion, black powder is easy to find online n will ship to your front door, more you buy the cheaper it gets n makes that hazmat charge go away. I usually buy 15-25 pounds at a time

Comment

Dang! That thing liked to have jumped plum out of your hands and off the bench!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I cannot wait to start/finish building my Jedediah Starr Virginia 50 cal flintlock. Your pictures have really pumped me up and I hope one day to pick your brain as this will be my first.

Michael

Comment

Have not seen real BP for sale in years. Anywhere. But it can be ordered on-line. Still, I use T7. Works well enough for me.

I do enjoy range time with my .54 Hawken. And she is as deadly at 75 yards (my eyeball limit with irons) as any 30-06 made.

Looks like you had a great hunt!

Comment

Excellent! Had my T/C ..50 Hawken out the last couple weeks. No deer but busted a crow at 80 yards to unload the rifle. The whole time hunting the deer were in the same place and I thought it was too far.

Comment

Very nice. Heck of a buck. Congrats.
                    Beautiful wood on the rifle also.

Comment

I love getting it done “old school”.

Comment

Working...
                      X