Who just digs that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who just digs that

" pow" from a high powered rifle? I just like that " crack" one makes. I've shot a couple of 270 that " rocked the boat" so to say. I'm itching for an old school wood stock 30-06 to up my game.

The “thuD” that the bullet makes when hitting a critter shooting suppressed is way better than the “pow” of an obnoxious unsuppressed firearm. Just saying......

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      The “thuD” that the bullet makes when hitting a critter shooting suppressed is way better than the “pow” of an obnoxious unsuppressed firearm. Just saying......
      I have to disagree, I love the sound of a 7mm Mag going off, then listening to the bullet traveling down range many hundreds of yards and then hearing that nice thwock, sound when the bullet hits the chest cavity of a deer. Out in the field I never had a problem with a unsurpressed rifle. I hear the shot, but it's not loud by any means, out in the field. I like hearing the shot, but I don't like when my ears ring more than usual. I have never had my ears ring, after shooting out in the field. I don't like any gun, any time with a muzzle break.
      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-14-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I hear that I’ve just never done that...just saying

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          I have to disagree, I love the sound of a 7mm Mag going off, then listening to the bullet traveling down range many hundreds of yards and then hearing that nice thwock, sound when the bullet hits the chest cavity of a deer. Out in the field I never had a problem with a unsurpressed rifle. I hear the shot, but it's not loud by any means, out in the field. I like hearing the shot, but I don't like when my ears ring more than usual. I have never had my ears ring, after shooting out in the field. I don't like any gun, any time with a muzzle break.

You are kidding yourself if you don’t think you are damaging your hearing shooting a high powered (especially magnum) rifle with no hearing protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The sound of a bullet hitting a critter is the best part of it. I can hear the meat report just fine even without a suppressor. High powered,moderate power,low power. It doesn't matter much to me.....I just like shootin rifles.

Comment

Popping meat or ringing steel all sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                You are kidding yourself if you don’t think you are damaging your hearing shooting a high powered (especially magnum) rifle with no hearing protection.

What did you say? I can’t hear you

I hate the ringing afterwards, when I forget to put ear gear on

Comment

I love it. I go to the local range and they ask what I'm shooting. When I say 270, they say oh-boy and put me way down on the end because of the noise. I'm wondering what the heck? It's not like it's a 300 Weatherby or some safari gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    I love it. I go to the local range and they ask what I'm shooting. When I say 270, they say oh-boy and put me way down on the end because of the noise. I'm wondering what the heck? It's not like it's a 300 Weatherby or some safari gun.

Years ago I took my son to shoot his 22 for the first time. We were clearly doing the father son thing, and these knuckleheads chose to sit right next to us, despite there being plenty of open lanes, and start popping AK rounds. The muzzle blast under the metal roof was sharp and uncomfortable. Brass was ejecting into our spot. My 6yr boy couldn’t get comfortable to shoot his own gun. I asked the guys if they didn’t mind moving, that it was my son’s first time shooting, but they didn’t oblige. I just so happened to also have my braked 378 Weatherby Euromark that I wanted to sight in, so I had my son sit down for a second, and I got my rifle out. I sat way back and made sure the brake was about even with their their shooting position. The blast was incredible under the metal roof, probably borderline dangerous. One round and they stopped shooting. Checked my POI, and loaded another round. The second round they moved to the other side of the range. One jerk move earns another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Years ago I took my son to shoot his 22 for the first time. We were clearly doing the father son thing, and these knuckleheads chose to sit right next to us, despite there being plenty of open lanes, and start popping AK rounds. The muzzle blast under the metal roof was sharp and uncomfortable. Brass was ejecting into our spot. My 6yr boy couldn’t get comfortable to shoot his own gun. I asked the guys if they didn’t mind moving, that it was my son’s first time shooting, but they didn’t oblige. I just so happened to also have my braked 378 Weatherby Euromark that I wanted to sight in, so I had my son sit down for a second, and I got my rifle out. I sat way back and made sure the brake was about even with their their shooting position. The blast was incredible under the metal roof, probably borderline dangerous. One round and they stopped shooting. Checked my POI, and loaded another round. The second round they moved to the other side of the range. One jerk move earns another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      That’s funny right right there and I did something similar with some clowns at a range. BTW I have since sold the 378 WBY but have a few boxes of factory ammo and some new brass if you need some.

Comment

I'd be fine if I never heard an unsuppressed gun ever again.

Comment

Another vote for suppressed, nothing turns heads better at the range.

Comment

Absolutely not. I haven’t shot a rifle or pistol unsuppressed in years.

Way better for the ears and much more enjoyable to shoot. Being able to hear the pop of the bullet hitting the animal or target is way better in my opinion.

Comment

This. With a 60% loss in my left ear and 40% in my right with constant tinnitis ringing in my ears suppressed is the only way to go. And that "thud" means move to the next running yote or pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X