Building removal -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building removal -

Curious if anyone on the GS has ever had a dilapidated house removed?

If so, what was the cost?

Buddy of mine has a pier and beam house that was destroyed by a tornado. Only the tornado didn't hall the house away. It ripped a hole in the roof that a car would fit in, and knocked the house off of its beams. Its still standing by most of the beams are leaning.

Thinking you disconnect the house from plumbing and electrical, and then come in with a bulldozer\claw machine to get the house removed.

In town, out in the country?
    I've know folks who hired the local VFD to burn them. Bull doze and burn the pile out in the country. We just flat out burned ours on our own on a rainy spring day.

Comment

I've had several removed and removed 1 myself.

The one I did myself I used my backhoe and my tracked skidsteer.

Pulled it apart with the backhoe and loaded it into four 30 yard cans with the skid steer.

It took 4 cans @ $300 each IIRC.

It took two days with me and my partner working.

The other houses were on land I developed.

One was expensive because the county found us demo'ing without a permit. The asbestos and lead paint mitigation is high dollar.

After that the houses would disappear over a weekend. I came to a job one Monday morning and asked Jimmy(grading contractor) what happened to the house?

His reply was "What house?". From then on they just disappeared on the weekend.

I would DIY if possible. If not, find a grading contractor to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I've know folks who hired the local VFD to burn them. Bull doze and burn the pile out in the country. We just flat out burned ours on our own on a rainy spring day.
        Around here they make you prep(remove the shingles for example) the house before a burn. Costs more than a demo.

Comment

This is the one we did our self. 2 story. It did not want to fall.

The last pic is the spec house we built on the lot.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you’re gonna do it...

I’d appreciate an invitation to watch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I just had one done in Madison County. They charged me right at $3500 to knock it down and haul it all away. House was about 1000 sq ft and we already had the power/plumbing disconnected.

Comment

Check with Joel Stratton All Out Junk and Debris Removal 361-235-9517. He is out of the Victoria area so not sure if he wiling to travel as far as Williamson county but you can ask. He did a really good job tearing down and hauling off a barn for me.

Comment

Burn it down, scrape up everything that is left and haul it to the dump, or dig a hole and bury it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Burn it down, scrape up everything that is left and haul it to the dump, or dig a hole and bury it.
                    This is what I have done in a rural area, dig a hole, burn it down and push with my dozer what was left in the hole and cover it up

Comment

OP...it is illegal to burn it down. Actually illegal to burn any type of processed wood/material. I am president of a Williamson County ESD #5 (Jarrell area). Hank Jones is the new County Fire Marshal, call him to verify. That being said I have had several homes torn down and hauled off. Usually cost anywhere from 5-10k with roll off dumster being a big part of it. Depends on where it is and how easy to get equipment in. Last one we did was 1600 sf and took less than two days. Reach out if you need any info.

Comment

I recently had one done. Hired a track hole to dig a giant hole. They pulled the house down in the hole. Then I torched it. After it burned they covered up what was left of the hole. Was less than $1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done a few, I used a trackhoe to knock it down then burned it in a huge hole that I dug right next to it, then covered it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Good point. Out in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by bcdawg1 View Post
                              Check with Joel Stratton All Out Junk and Debris Removal 361-235-9517. He is out of the Victoria area so not sure if he wiling to travel as far as Williamson county but you can ask. He did a really good job tearing down and hauling off a barn for me.
                              My buddy's place is actually in Milam county. I'll relay the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X