I need some lease manager advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a member on my hunting lease who I haven’t been able to get in touch with since February 17 when I last received a text. Our membership renewal for this season had to be paid by March 1st. After that date I start replacing any openings I have. I have not filled this persons spots yet because I haven’t been able to get in touch with him. I can’t wait forever though because I have to pay the landowner soon. It’s not just as simple as let him go and replace him. Here’s the issues:

1. He has a travel trailer parked on my property.
    2. He has a 4 wheeler on my property.

This Hunter was having some personal issues last year. I pretty much let him live at my deer camp for a few months. I charge hunters who have campers on my place $200 a year to help with the cost of electricity and water. He never paid me the $200 from this past season. Last time he did pay was $200 around September of 2018. That payment covered the 2018-2019 season. I also sold him two deer stands for $200 a year ago and never received payment. I knew he was having a difficult time in his personal life so I wasn’t worried about that money being paid immediately. So as it stands he already owes me $400 for last season camp and the deer stands. Now he’s past due on the current membership as of March 1st, and I have not been able to reach him.

At this point what do y’all recommend I do?

Look for a new member.

Comment

He gone !!!

Comment

Send hm a certified letter Explaining the importance of getting back to you by a certain date

Comment

You spent way more time typing this out than it’s worth IMO. He’s been ghosting you for a LONG time. That property belongs to you now.

Comment

Look for a new reliable respectable member and start selling **** to recoup your costs you are owed.

You’ve done your part it sounds like in the OP...and made the effort. With no replies or courtesy return phone calls after what you have described you’ve done for him? P*** on ‘em...

Last edited by Smart; 03-12-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

He would have to go. Everyone has personal issues at times and hes had plenty of time to get resolve them. If he hasnt reached out to you by now to work something out its time to find a paying member.

Comment

Sounds like you have been more than patient with him.

Comment

text, email, and leave a VM to him and state if you have not heard from him by _____ you are going to replace him.

Comment

Time for a new paying and contributing lease member. We all have personal problems every now and then but that doesn’t give you or anyone else a free ride .

Comment

Call Brownsville police for a welfare check...

Comment

I’ve been calling, texting, leaving messages, etc. etc. for weeks now with no response.

Comment

We all have difficult times in our personal life at times, but I personal still communicate with people and don't leave anyone hanging when I owe them money or when they have been kind enough to help me out. You have been patient and given him enough time. I agree with above, send a certified letter regarding his communication with you and the assets that he has still at the ranch. Make sure to include what will happen to said assets if nothing is done within a certain amount of time.

Side note, get rid of him from your lease. Obviously you are stressing a bit and worrying over it and that should not be the case when it comes to 1: hunting and 2:things that are not your "personal" problem. Best of luck

Comment

What method(s) are you using to try and contact him? Text messages or phone calls with voicemails?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Call Brownsville police for a welfare check...

Not sure what this has to do with my hunter. I didn’t name names. Just looking for advice

Comment

Working...
                              X