Open Carry - Disaster Declaration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Carry - Disaster Declaration

I'm calling upon the great TBH brain trust.

I've been looking around the internet, and unfortunately haven't found this topic being brought up much. Even searching here on the green screen has led to not many results.

Can HB 1177 apply to our current disaster declaration for the state? I understand that the wording of the bill allows for open carry while exiting or re-entering a disaster area. The bill also states that open carry can happen pertaining to disaster shelters. My question is, legally, how can this be used to allow for me to open carry to protect myself and my family as things start getting worse. Right now lawlessness has not gone rampant, but I think that we will have some social breakdown. Not trying to incite fear panic here. I just want to make sure that I remain a law-abiding citizen as I feel the need increase to be able to protect my family if we need to be out in public. I know, I know, I should already have my LTC. For now that ship has sailed since it would not be issued before this whole ordeal probably settles down.

Any lawyers or learned individuals have a opinion on this? I think it's good information for all of us to know during this world-changing event. My thanks to you in advance.

I wouldnt want anybody, including bad guys, to know Im carrying. Disaster or no.

Comment

Was disaster or just a state of emergency?

Comment

Why would you open carry? Go ahead and put a target on your front and back side...

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I wouldnt want anybody, including bad guys, to know Im carrying. Disaster or no.

I'm in the same boat as Walker

Comment

The Element of Surprise can save your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
              Why would you open carry? Go ahead and put a target on your front and back side...
              - Yeah, I got a neighbor that walks around in his yard with his little toy on his hip, like he's ready for a shoot-out at the O.K. corral. I find it annoying, and unnecessary. If he just carried it concealed, no-one would be none the wiser.

Comment

Toilet paper security?

Comment

I don’t think disaster and emergency are interchangeable. To avoid any unnecessary issues I wouldn’t push the issue if I was you. Carry in your vehicle and being prepared at home are the only applicable options I see right now.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I for one feel much safer when I see a guy walking around with his 75 dollar garage sale pistol flopping around in the uncls Mike's holster....... These guys all look the same too.

Comment

If you want to be the first to die of a gunshot, let the perp know you’re a threat .
                      Out of sight, out of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

smfhwwspasd

Comment

It's not time for everyone to go all out. If and when that time comes, your going to know it. Now is the time to just be aware of your surroundings and pay attention. Just having a sense of situational awareness is a great defense in any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by hills of texas View Post
                            i for one feel much safer when i see a guy walking around with his 75 dollar garage sale pistol flopping around in the uncls mike's holster....... These guys all look the same too.
                            amen!!!!

Comment

Lord some of you fellas don’t care much for the constitution. And whether or not you think the fella next to you looks like a dork carrying his weapon is irrelevant......he should be allowed to do so with out getting permission from the government you all whine about all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X