Texas legislature approves welfare and Medicade benefits for illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    1. The bill has not passed the Senate and has not even had a committee vote taken. That is the first step before it can be debated in the full Senate.

2. The bill does not grant anything to illegal aliens per se.

3. The new proposed law says that if a child is used in human trafficking, that child (while here depending on federal government) will get Medicaid. Trafficking under Texas law is bringing someone in for forced labor or sex.

From the way I read this new proposed law, if a child is brought across the border illegally with intent to force the child into the sex trade or forced labor, while the child is here Texas will cover the child under Medicaid.

If it is HB888 that we are discussing, it has nothing to do with medical care or welfare for illegals. It is only for children who are forced across the border as sex slaves or forced labor.

Assuming that is true… That does not make me nearly as good of headlines as saying illegals will now get free medical care and welfare.

Carry on.
    Thanks

Comment

Everybody needs to contact their reps. and let them know how you would like for them to vote on these issues. Thats all we can do besides a physical protest.

Comment

And we have a hard time passing teacher raises who work their butts off in & outside the classroom to shape our kids futures but we will consider passing this .......

Comment

1. The bill has not passed the Senate and has not even had a committee vote taken. That is the first step before it can be debated in the full Senate.

3. The new proposed law says that if a child is used in human trafficking, that child (while here depending on federal government) will get Medicaid. Trafficking under Texas law is bringing someone in for forced labor or sex.

From the way I read this new proposed law, if a child is brought across the border illegally with intent to force the child into the sex trade or forced labor, while the child is here Texas will cover the child under Medicaid.

If it is HB888 that we are discussing, it has nothing to do with medical care or welfare for illegals. It is only for children who are forced across the border as sex slaves or forced labor.

Assuming that is true… That does not make me nearly as good of headlines as saying illegals will now get free medical care and welfare.

Carry on.
          This. I read that a rep slipped an amendment in at the last minute and most reps didn't know anything about it. It will not even be heard in the senate.

Comment

They have what 2 and half weeks left in session? There will be a lot of bills flying thru and a lot dying in committee.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
              Why add the provision?
              Maybe to aid a child that was being trafficked against their will? It allows that child medical care until they can be returned to their family. Seems human to me.

Comment

Just another problem a secure border would solve!

Comment

Carry on.

Thanks for the explanation. That's not near a dramatic as the title..

Comment

Carry on.
                    Exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X