THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Great to know another TBHers in the neighborhood!

Don't mean to be so forward; but which vehicle is yours and your buddies (ONLY reason I'm asking is this: if I know it's yours, I won't go on a walk and just go to my spot BUT if I know it's some others vehicle I don't mind doing a walk-about)

Glad you are seeing some bucks; they are pretty nocturnal in my neck of the woods....

Your not alone though, there are about 3 of us (TBHers) in the same neighbor, so if you need help tracking or anything else at all feel free to hit me up 325-374-0811

Comment

I drive a white dodge 1500 quad cab .. And my buddy drives a big charcol grey/tannish chevy.
      I have actually been hunting tbr for years.. But only when I have the time to get out there..

I appreciate, you respecting others.. We do everything we can to do the same..

I dont live in Angelo anymore, but am there most weekends duck hunting.. I have a chocolate lab that will 9 times out of 10 track and find a deer when need be... Give me a ring/txt 325-617-9288 if you ever get in a bind or anything..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382536914.839016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	24257310Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382536935.088387.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	24257311

Anyone wanna claim these?

Comment

Hey ya'll My wife and I are looking at finally getting set up to learn the art of bowhunting. We're gonna be in S.A. this weekend for a day or two - can anyone tell me the best ways to access Areas I and II ? We're looking to just survey the area and get a feel for as much of the place as possible without ruining anyone's hunt. We'll be equipped with a 4x4 durango and sturdy boots. ( wish they rented quads or horses in SA ) Any tips are appreciated, we drove around the perimeter of TBR last year but didnt have time to hike.

Comment

i hunt area 4 with my buddies and we have deer moving when idiots aren't out trying to tear the woods down with noise. im from ohio and we have lots of public land there and it just amazes me at all the things people do out at TBR during seasons. and its never during the day. its right at the sweet times for those monster deer to be moving.

Comment

Originally posted by deerskin88 View Post
              it just amazes me at all the things people do out at TBR during seasons. and its never during the day. its right at the sweet times for those monster deer to be moving.
              Aint that the truth!!!

Comment

Wait till this Wkend let the Duck hunting begin

Comment

I know the pigs are supposedly gone from TBR, but we'd like to look around ourselves... No one has any tips for easy access to area 1 & 2 ??

Comment

Regarding to area 1 & 2

Area 1 there is only one way in and one way out, 80% of the southern border is butt-ed up to a high fence property. This is a roughly area to get around in without a vehicle you don't mind testing and scratching.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382621812.208518.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24257511

Area 2 there is almost only one way in and one way out. These area is the easiest to access due to the city maintaining the main road to the back; would suggest finding area you'd like to explore and walk it out.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382622175.139470.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24257512

Wouldn't mind giving a tour of the areas.
                    325-374-0811 feel free to hit me up anytime for any questions or information.

Comment

Area 1 & 2

Thanks for the help! Hope to see you this weekend

Comment

There are a ton of duck hunters on the south shore was out there today 1 group of guys had probably 10 people and think they hunting 4 different spots then saw a group in boat plus 2 or 3 blinds all ready there lots of boom booms on Sat morning

Comment

Awesome.... Guess I'll be heading to the lease...

Comment

Is there a lot of people hunting on units 1 or 2 or out there jacking around? I would like to scout it out mid day. Just wondering if i would have more people than deer walk past any set up i would put out?

Comment

Are the bucks in rut yet. The first week of October some we're showing signs of pre-rut but that was the last time I have been there. I will be headed down there tomorrow night and hunting Sunday in area 4. Just trying to gather some info.

Comment

Have game cam pics of some sparing. They are rubbing and making scraps and hitting mock scraps. Not full rut yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X