I know some people hate them but,..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some people hate them but,..

are pigs the greatest bowhunting "big game" animal in the state? I know they are not a "game" animal according to TPWD, but that may be what makes them so fun to hunt. IDK if they are the greatest, but they might very well be the most fun to bowhunt IMO, what do y'all think?

Whitetail are my favorite in Texas.

Comment

Hogs...24/7/365...what else could you want.

Comment

Hogs are ok but I’d rather bowhunt axis

Comment

Lol, I hate them but was ****** tonight when me and my son sat for 2 hours and didn't see any.

Hopefully that's what my oldest son will cut his teeth on this summer with a bow.

Comment

When deer season ends the pigs around my place have a huge problem. We lit the feeders and put cameras out. We want to remove groups. Not individuals.

Comment

Hogs over does. Does are there most hunts. When the pigs show up its showtime.

150 class bucks and up reign supreme though. They don't show up very often .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

are pigs the greatest bowhunting "big game" animal in the state?

No

Comment

Bowhuntin' pigs at night by moonlight is second only to predator calling, between the two I can fill most of the year hunting something.

Comment

No

Comment

I won’t shoot a hog with my bow anymore. Only way I hunt them now is with nightvision and a gun. I’m trying to kill them, not hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        are pigs the greatest bowhunting "big game" animal in the state? I know they are not a "game" animal according to TPWD, but that may be what makes them so fun to hunt. IDK if they are the greatest, but they might very well be the most fun to bowhunt IMO, what do y'all think?
                        I will say this. I dont target them bowhunting, but I do enjoy stillhunting them with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I won’t shoot a hog with my bow anymore. Only way I hunt them now is with nightvision and a gun. I’m trying to kill them, not hunt them.

X2

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I absolutely love hunting them. Bow or with night vison! Moonlight walking in within 20yds.. what a blast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X