Final Stretch - Big Buck Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Stretch - Big Buck Support Thread

Alright! Who out there is chasing a big one?

You know the the big buck that popped up on your camera couple of times this season or you've seen him on your property, but can't get a shot.

I'll go first - I've got a buck name "big tines" that is all over my place and I just can't get a shot. I've had him at 50 yards chasing doe's and actually have a really good idea of where he's bedding.

It's killing me! Trying not to over hunt, but wow I'm losing sleep over this buck. I actually cringe before logging on to the forum or Facebook because I'm scared I'm going to see him in a LDP! lol
    Last edited by blide; 12-20-2019, 06:26 AM.

Good luck getting him!

Comment

Lol good luck getting him. I’m done for the season so I’m hoping everything we were seeing makes it through until next year.

Comment

I have had my target buck inside 10 yds several times for about a total of 30 min and still cant get a shot. He wont quit moving, very skittish. Last night he came into the hand corn at 4 only this time another buck i have not seen since last year came in as well. They really didnt seem to like each other and pushed each other around around me for half an hour and eventually both got out of range and never presented a shot

Comment

Been after a 150 plus buck in Brady I call Big Mamu and the acorns have played heck on that front. Set up several stands on pinch points, got pics of him but he is elusive. Best opportunity I have had is 50 yards in 20 mile an hour gust. No bueno with a bow. The lease is archery only.

Comment

Good luck! I hope you get him.

Comment

I’m chasing little ones.

Comment

I've put in 40-50 hours on this guy in Spicewood . He's there maybe twice a week, day/time never predictable. Over the year he's been caught on three cameras, as far as 2 miles apart. I'll keep at him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a deer in Spicewood! I've photographed a few good bucks in the area (we're in Briarcliff now), but still need to find some land nearby that I can actually hunt. Good luck chasing that one.

Comment

Went out today and nothing but a few spikes! Drove by the neighbors place on the way out and saw a new pop up with a decoy out in front of it. They must be chasing the same buck to be that desprate! LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X