Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with recovery buddy!

Comment

I got out of blind so my angle was a little better to watch him stand there. I watched him another 4 or so min just stand there. Then he turned and walked to the north down hill out of view. So I circled around the the ranch road that heads that way so I could see if he crosses. I stood there for a good 30 minutes until it was dark. Slowly walked down to where he would have crossed and found tracks and blood. So I backed out and went back to blind and packed up. Back at the house. I have to go home but will be back here in the morning. He is heading down in a nasty cedar draw with very tall grass.

I have no idea if he is still on feet or laying down or or dead.

Son has a Tennis breakfast fundraiser so I have to hit that at 8 am then will be back. I watched video back and I thought his legs were both parallel to each other but is offside leg was up by head and I did not notice that through the peep Arrow is covered in blood and watery liquid. Does not smell horrible but It is a liver or 1 lung at best.

Comment

Good luck this morning.

Comment

In for updates, sure hope this one didn’t go in the river. Good luck Mitch!

Comment

He is dead this morning. You did everything text book perfect after the shot. Hope the yotes didn't get him.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Following

Comment

Tuned in! Good luck on recovery

Comment

Helloooo? Can’t leave us hanging. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          Helloooo? Can’t leave us hanging. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          What he ^^^^^^ said

Comment

This is the longest we have ever looked for crappie management deer but he was found around 2:15 p.m. pictures to come

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                              This is the longest we have ever looked for crappie management deer but he was found around 2:15 p.m. pictures to come
                              Never had a doubt...........

Rwc

Comment

What a day. Started off early at applebee's for my sons Tennis fundraiser in Gtown. left around 8:40 to head to Ranch. Had my buddy Shane riding along for the extra set of Eyes. I also called Chance Love to see if he was doing anything,. He was not, so he through his kids in the truck and headed my way. Me and Shane got to ranch around 10. got on the blood where it crossed my road from last night. I have attached a copy of the track with markers i placed on Google earth. This deer did some crazy and unpredictable things. He would go uphill several different times when he had a chance to go the easy way downhill. Me and Shane were about 800 yards in the track on blood when Chance and his son John and daughter Emma showed up.

On the map you can see right where the track crosses over from brush into tall grasslands. That is where we were when they showed up. His kids jump out and are on blood quick. Chance finds the spot where he jumped the fence. Not sure why deer had to jump there as it was brushy and hard to cross, but there was blood on barbwire where he drug over. This was at 12pm when we found this spot. Chance and his crew went and checked a pond nearby and i walked out in the grasslands. Grass is waist high on most of this pasture and rolling hills...

Chance made it back up to fence when nothing was found in nearby pond. Chance said he could not find a place where the deer jumped back out of this grass pasture so he thought deer was out in middle of it. This ranch is 5000 acres of grass. Well Chance and John and Emma start working the trail again and after about 2 hours they have gone about 100 yards. I had went back to truck and circled around through neighbors place to get close in case we find it. I call chance As I can see him about 300 yards away from me in the truck heading that way and he says deer is not going up hill again in grass pasture. So since this is the opposite direction from me I just sit there waiting to see where he goes nect. Then Chance calls me 2 minutes later and said I got him. If was in a 2 foot drainage in a crease in the open field. Been dead awhile..

Me and Shane covered the first 800-900 yards of blood and Chance and crew covered last 300 yards. There tracking was small pieces of grass that rubbed deers body. And with wind blowing hard today, all of the grass was shacking. So without them, We would not have found Him.

Again, not a giant deer, but a dinosaur for low fence hill country ranch. He is also a deer that has been on the hit list for the last 4 seasons. Meat was no good so that was a bummer, but we worked really hard to do the right thing and recover him. Bowhunting will humble you when you least expect it. Now, I take ownership of shooting at the angle I did, but I planed to just pin his shoulders since he was so close.. WRONG..

Thanks Chance for making it happen. Would not have found him without you and your family.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer track .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24605481

Name:	578.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24605482

Name:	578a.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24605483

This is the best one. The trackers did there job. Who needs a dog...

Name:	super trackers 578.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	24605484

Comment

Working...
                                X