No announcement yet.

Texas Heart Shot a a big boar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion, move the feeder light more in line with your stand and you will see a lot better and you wont have that shadowing that your getting now.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      Just a suggestion, move the feeder light more in line with your stand and you will see a lot better and you wont have that shadowing that your getting now.
      10-4 my normal stand is right behind it. I had to move because of the wind. Love my light man, you make a great product!

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
        10-4 my normal stand is right behind it. I had to move because of the wind. Love my light man, you make a great product!
        Then you did the right thing by moving to get the wind right. Good luck hunting.

Comment

Bad shot but that hog probably deserve it if he is anything like his buddies that visited my hayfield the other night.

Comment

Why take that shot when you didnt have to?

Comment

Fantastic shot in my opinion. Great video as well. The slow mo was hilarious.

Comment

Great video Billy [emoji1688]
                A couple of suggestions for you to not have that problem again.
                Buy a cheap Tru Glo sight housing and take all of the pins out,
                Go online to Tru Glo website and order a green tritium pin. I put the tritium pin As center as possible in the sight housing, just gives you a better field of view.
                It is the same brightness at night as it is in the day. No a sight light needed.
                Also get a kisser button installed on your bow find your anchor point and throw your peep in the trash!
                You don’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by pigstika1978; 03-25-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                  Why take that shot when you didnt have to?
                  I was trying for a hard quartering away shot. I explained that in the video. No exuses, I made a bad shot man.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                    Great video Billy [emoji1688]
                    A couple of suggestions for you to not have that problem again.
                    Buy a cheap Tru Glo sight housing and take all of the pins out,
                    Go online to Tru Glo website and order a green tritium pin. I put the tritium pin As center as possible in the sight housing, just gives you a better field of view.
                    It is the same brightness at night as it is in the day. No a sight light needed.
                    Also get a kisser button installed on your bow find your anchor point and throw your peep in the trash!
                    You don’t need it.

I have a tru glo somewhere. I will give that a try man, thanks. I have gotten so used to recurves that I didnt think I would have a problem with the peep and pins. Its a totally diffrent animal. It was a 27 yard shot and I guess shooting a compound I got a little over confident. Hopefully it doesnt happen again but its bowhunting. OP
                    Last edited by killerbee; 03-25-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

It's a pig....

The best shot is to shoot them right in the pig.

I've shot a whole bunch in the moonlight when I couldn't tell if I was looking at the rooter, or the pooter. Can confirm, with a .444 Marlin...it does not matter!
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-25-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I was trying for a hard quartering away shot. I explained that in the video. No exuses, I made a bad shot man.
                        No worries, just curious. Looks like you have plenty more to kill.

Comment

I'm thinking the recessed area on the blade, on the other side of the bevel, impedes penetration, especially through muscle.

Comment

I have a tru glo somewhere. I will give that a try man, thanks. I have gotten so used to recurves that I didnt think I would have a problem with the peep and pins. Its a totally diffrent animal. It was a 27 yard shot and I guess shooting a compound I got a little over confident. Hopefully it doesnt happen again but its bowhunting. OP

I’ve used that set up for spot and stalking pigs and deer as well since it’s the same brightness day or night.
                            Trust me brother,
                            It works! [emoji41]
                            Keep up the good work and don’t beat yourself up.
                            You now know what hindered you, lesson learned and now know how to eliminate the problem.
                            Im currently trying out a new sight but have not had a true field test with it.
                            But that Tritium pin is a game changer!
                            Also take off or black out the glow in the dark ring on the Tru Glo housing. I usually take it off and stick it to the top of my quiver so I can see it after dark.
                            Eliminate anything that will blare light back at you and blur your vision.
                            Keep up the good work!!
                            Always enjoy watching your videos [emoji1688]

Also the reason to get rid of the peep is it’s much harder looking at a black animal through a black hole is hell and only makes it harder.
                            Since you shoot trad loosing the peep will come natural to you.

Last edited by pigstika1978; 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              Fantastic shot in my opinion. Great video as well. The slow mo was hilarious.
                              Thanks man.....I wish I could have retrieved him for y'all. Looked like a decent boar!

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                                I’ve used that set up for spot and stalking pigs and deer as well since it’s the same brightness day or night.
                                Trust me brother,
                                It works! [emoji41]
                                Keep up the good work and don’t beat yourself up.
                                You now know what hindered you, lesson learned and now know how to eliminate the problem.
                                Im currently trying out a new sight but have not had a true field test with it.
                                But that Tritium pin is a game changer!
                                Also take off or black out the glow in the dark ring on the Tru Glo housing. I usually take it off and stick it to the top of my quiver so I can see it after dark.
                                Eliminate anything that will blare light back at you and blur your vision.
                                Keep up the good work!!
                                Always enjoy watching your videos [emoji1688]

Thanks bud! I will get that tritium pin and loose the peep asap then!
                                Also the reason to get rid of the peep is it’s much harder looking at a black animal through a black hole is hell and only makes it harder.
                                Since you shoot trad loosing the peep will come natural to you.

Thanks bud! I will get that tritium pin and loose the peep asap then!

Comment

Working...
                                X