No announcement yet.

Bowhunt All Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick and string for me. Got the wifey an Xbow so our Slice of Texas is now a no gun hunting zone.....lol.

Comment

Started as a kid gun hunting. I bow hunted also in my early 20's then transitioned to bow only. Did that a lot of years, about 20 of them. Then I got on a lease in the panhandle about 7 years ago and started rifle hunting some there with my son. I had forgotten how much fun I had rifle hunting. Now I'll do both depending on where I'm hunting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have twin 9 year old twin girls and a wife that loves to hunt so i don’t get to hunt much. But when i do it’s Bow only here. Will take a rifle with me when I go to look just in case a predator decides to join the show. Just joined the site so when my 30 days is up I will post pics of one of the girls first bow kill on opening day of rifle season.

Comment

Haven’t gun hunted in years. No desire to. Not against it, just not for me

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
          Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Bow only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              However, I do have a backyard full of 3D targets and bag targets that get shot at alot with a junkie old wheelie bow.

hey hey!!!

Comment

I prefer bow but I will take the rifle when I hunt with my 3 year old.

Comment

Bow only here

Comment

Bow only on our place

Comment

Lost the desire to hunt deer with a gun 10 years ago. Bow only since then. Switch between longbow and compound. I still love to shoot guns, just not at deer. I take a lot of kids hunting and i get shook up watching them shoot deer with guns. I just enjoy the challenge of beating a mature deer with a bow. I hunted the same buck all last season with my bow. Started out with the trad bow and gave that up for the compound. Never got within 60 yards of him. He beat me at the game. I could have killed him 5 times with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                        Bow only for years, but screwed up and started hunting with a recurve this year.
                        Trad bow hunting is an addiction. It’s the hardest thing i have ever tried to master. Little crap bucks will become trophies with a wood bow in your hands. When you switch back to the compound you will feel like you are hunting with a gun.

Comment

I love to get close to the deer, like reach out and touch them with the arrow in your hand close. I like meat too and will hunt with what ever gets the job done.
                          usually the outside temp and weather dictate what I hunt with.

Comment

I'm impressed with all the bow only hunters, from what I've heard it is not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                              For years I was bow only and pretty hard headed about it. I started using a rifle some and enjoyed it. Now I just love hunting and don’t really worry what everyone does.
                              Yep! I’m a hunter. Bow. Gun. Beer. Whatever. I’ll kill em all the same.

Comment

Bow only for decades.

Comment

Working...
                                X