• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I've done both.. paid someone and did the euro myself

2. Absolutely would not pay more for beetles

3. I'm about 30 miles east of Houston

Comment

1. Do all oy mine myself. Use pressure washer.

2. Would not pay someone else in the first place, but if so I would not pay any more just because they used beetles. Bettles would be less work for the person doing it, but clean is clean. doesnt matter what method.

3. I live 10 miles from town and our towns population is 3200.

Comment

1. Myself

2. No

3. Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          I have a couple of questions For those that have or plan on getting a european mount in the future.

1. Did you make it yourself or pay someone?

2. Would you pay more for a higher quality product done with beetles or does quality matter as much with a euro?

3. Do you live in a large metropolitan area?

Thanks
          So what metropolitan area are thinking about starting your beetle cleaning business in?[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

I do a lot of skulls every year for customers, as a side business and if we are lucky a few for myself and family.

Quality matters! I'm certain very few people will pay extra for beetle cleaned. (I've been getting into beetles pretty heavy the last 6 months and those little dudes require a ton of up keep!)

I'm close to Denton

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            OP are you asking because you wanna get in the business?

I've done several, and I've also paid $75-$100 to have them done. I wouldn't pay much more than $100. It's not hard to do it yourself. I only pay for it to save me the time.
            Possibly

As far as the beetles go it wouldn’t be super expensive maybe 125 for Deer 150 for pigs.
            As far as beetle quality goes, universities and museums use beetles, not boiling but I don’t know if people care enough about a decent/good european mount vs a great one?

Comment

Possibly

As far as the beetles go it wouldn’t be super expensive maybe 125 for Deer 150 for pigs.
              As far as beetle quality goes, universities and museums use beetles, not boiling but I don’t know if people care enough about a decent/good european mount vs a great one?

Good luck if you decide to do it.

Comment

I've done some and have paid to have some done.
                I wouldn't pay more for beetles.
                I would pay again to have one done. I dont have to deal with boiling and stinking up a half day. Plus I can pick out different types of plaques for it.

Comment

I pay to have mine done. Never attempted it myself. I figure its money well spent at $100/euro on a board. Ive paid less, and quality shows.

No, as clean is clean to me.

1 hr west of Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Possibly

99% of people can't look at a finished skull and tell you if it was boiled, macerated or beetle cleaned. But almost anybody can see yellow spots on a skull. The quality comes from the degreasing process.

Comment

Self
                      No
                      Yes

I kinda enjoy the process. Deer are easy, pigs are a little tougher and goats are a pain in the butt. I also don't really care if it is completely bone white. I like a little character.

Comment

I do my own and for friends and I enjoy doing them . I`ve done them several different ways and have allways turned out great . I wouldn't pay un less I was not able to do it myself.

Comment

Possibly

Incorrect. There is a company in Oklahoma that prepares bones for museums across the country. That's all they do. I know for a fact they use maceration.

Comment

myself, $65 to do it for someone else
                            no
                            yes

Comment

1. someone else
                              2. No, don't care.
                              3. Yes

Comment

1. I do all of mine, my families/ friends, and private customers.

2. NO, Beetles do not make your euro mount a higher quality piece. Boiling in my opinion is cleaner.

3. NO.

Comment

Working...
                                X