Mountain Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion

I'm wondering if anyone needs the services of a trapper for mountain lion. My name is Jim Palmer and I'm a retired Game Warden out of Missouri. Although I'm a bowhunter my passion has always been trapping and furbearers. Currently I'm whittling down my personal lifetime list of thirty three species
    to the final seven. This winter I'll be in Arizona and Alaska. Mountain Lion is one of my final seven species. Others I'm still after are: western spotted skunk, hognose skunk, hooded skunk, ringtail, coati and arctic fox.
    Critters that I've caught: black bear, wolverine, wolf, all three species of weasel, eastern spotted skunk, stripped skunk, red fox, grey fox, swift fox, kit fox, badger, coyote, possum, bobcat, lynx, muskrat, beaver, otter, nutria, marten, fisher, coon, red squirrel and mink.
    I have the proper equipment and experience to help with lion issues on your hunting properties. I will also trap other species at no cost. I have a camper, generator and ATV.
    This will be an open request. Please keep me in mind.
    Thanks, Jim Palmer
    gamewarden66@gmail.com

Good luck in your quest, Jim.

Comment

Good Luck to ya!

Comment

Interesting. You should have no trouble catching ringtail here in the hill country of Texas. Good luck with lion and the others that you need.

Comment

What? No black panther? Now that is one you should be going after. East Texas is full of them. People in ET see them almost every Friday and Saturday night usually after 2 am.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            What? No black panther? Now that is one you should be going after. East Texas is full of them. People in ET see them almost every Friday and Saturday night usually after 2 am.

That joke was hilarious the first time I heard it in 1980

Comment

They still got em in Chicago

Comment

Welcome to The Campfire JP!

And the best to ya on get-n the rest of your list.

Comment

Good luck on your quest. A trapping thread would be cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmiep View Post
                    I'm wondering if anyone needs the services of a trapper for mountain lion. My name is Jim Palmer and I'm a retired Game Warden out of Missouri. Although I'm a bowhunter my passion has always been trapping and furbearers. Currently I'm whittling down my personal lifetime list of thirty three species
                    to the final seven. This winter I'll be in Arizona and Alaska. Mountain Lion is one of my final seven species. Others I'm still after are: western spotted skunk, hognose skunk, hooded skunk, ringtail, coati and arctic fox.
                    Critters that I've caught: black bear, wolverine, wolf, all three species of weasel, eastern spotted skunk, stripped skunk, red fox, grey fox, swift fox, kit fox, badger, coyote, possum, bobcat, lynx, muskrat, beaver, otter, nutria, marten, fisher, coon, red squirrel and mink.
                    I have the proper equipment and experience to help with lion issues on your hunting properties. I will also trap other species at no cost. I have a camper, generator and ATV.
                    This will be an open request. Please keep me in mind.
                    Thanks, Jim Palmer
                    gamewarden66@gmail.com

You are kind of late, we done killed most of them about 80 years ago. Now if you go hit the rocky mountain states, they still have a decent population. Not in this state.

Comment

That is an impressive goal Jim. Only seven left off your list, and three of them are skunks. Good luck.

Comment

Lion trapping is only available in Texas and one Native American reservation to the best of my knowledge. No other states have a lion trapping season. New Mexico did away with their season a couple years ago. I realize that lions are a low density predator in Texas but thought I may as well put this out there and maybe I'd get lucky. There is actually quite a bit of info on Texas lions available with not too much time spent digging. I try to use all available sources of information when researching my next adventure. This site was one avenue that was worth a shot.

Comment

I'd love to hear some trapping stories and see pics. I have no lions to offer up but I imagine sharing more about what you do might pique the interest of those that do.

Comment

West Texas would be your best bet. South Texas has a viable population but density is pretty sparse along with access. You might check with the cattleman’s associations or auction barns in West Texas. Good luck!

Comment

Very interesting thread. Please excuse the ignorant questions.

How do you go about trapping a lion? Conibear/snares? Is the intent to trap and release or are these types of traps typically lethal?

Do you have any pictures or info you'd care to share about previously trapped animals? I'm sure most around here would be very interested. Good luck with the remainder of your list.

Comment

Working...
                              X