Hunter orange ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter orange ???

Supposed to wear, what 400 square inches of hunter orange on public land.

has anybody ever got question about wearing camouflage pack over the orange?

do you wear a hunter orange pack is you use one?

what about any other garment or accessory over the orange?

Never been questioned but usually if you have a vest and hat on your good. If your pack covers head chest and back then I can see something. Most times it’s for your own safety anyways so not sure they well ras you to much as long as you wear it.

Comment

If your pack covers too much orange you could have an issue.

I hang another vest over my pack so I display enough orange.

Comment

the main reason I ask; I know it's for my own safety and I wear it all the time. But, most of my gear is from old days, private lease and so one, and I wear a camo pack. I have found a orange pack that I like, but not sure about investing the $$$.
        I could just hang a few orange doo dads off of my camo pack to help visibility.

The only time I've come in contact with "the man" was at camp. Didn't/don't know how they react to orange being partially covered.

Comment

Most of the public lands that I've hunted in Texas, both state lands and different branches of Federal lands (ie.. US-Forrestry, Fed-WMA, ACE, _____ River athorities, ect) have not had a problem with a non orange pack on your back that covered "some" of your orange. But I do know folks stopped for not wearing it when it was required. Some lands do not require it till the general season starts. Some do not require "Orange headwear". They all have different rules and requirements. So, it's best to know the ones where you are going.

But, and orange back pack certainly won't hurt anything.

Edit: Some allow you to remove it once you are at your hunt location. And some depend's on the game you are hunting.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-02-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I know in Colorado requires orange cover for backpack a few years back.

Comment

There's orange squares made to affix to the back of your pack. I think Orange Aglow is popular. I have a couple of those and they fit most of our packs pretty good. Check with your state in question for legality though.

Comment

Just put a cheap vest on it

Comment

I have a second vest that I use to cover my pack with on the way out if it’s daylight hours. Vest are cheap and people are stupid!

Comment

I've fought the extra vest for years.
                    I believe I'm gonna go first class with the orange pack.
                    Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

The pack I have has a rain cover that is orange. Might look into a new one that has this for ease.

Comment

I can get a hunter orange pack that is exactly like the one I currently run.
                        It's only $35.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Arms..._id=3222113011

Think I'm going this route.

Comment

I just have an orange bandana I tie onto my backpack, but most of the time I don't worry about it if its a small daypack and you can still see my orange hat from behind.

Comment

Colorado: here are the three pages of rules for hunter orange with diagrams, circles and arrows and paragraphs on the back explaining each one.

Wyoming: just wear something orange.

Comment

Working...
                            X