Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2021, 12:26 AM   #301
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Houston Counties
Default



Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #302
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Ugh!

I bet the idiot mentions Judge and Soto more than once during the series.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #303
Bill M
Pope & Young
 
Bill M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bryan, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Ugh!

I bet the idiot mentions Judge and Soto more than once during the series.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where is Soto now, 23, 24?
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #304
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I got a sneaky feeling Mccullers will be a NO GO this series! Sucks

We will know shortly when they announce ALCS roster's
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #305
bowhunter911
Eight Point
 
bowhunter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sealy, Tx
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
I got a sneaky feeling Mccullers will be a NO GO this series! Sucks

We will know shortly when they announce ALCS roster's
hope Draftkings is right. I do think he will be fine. I thought they pulled him incase we needed a inning in game 5 if it went that far. Its about not playing your hand. I really think it is Lance and the Astros playing a chest match. Go Stros.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021...-playoffs-2021
bowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #306
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter911 View Post
hope Draftkings is right. I do think he will be fine. I thought they pulled him incase we needed a inning in game 5 if it went that far. Its about not playing your hand. I really think it is Lance and the Astros playing a chest match. Go Stros.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021...-playoffs-2021
No chance IMO! He said he was not 100% and had elbow tightness. At a minimum they will shut him down to rest inflammation. The Astros prolong and keep quiet injuries and are shady about them. That is their MO!!!!


They will not risk their multi million dollar ace who is injured and already had TJ

I laughed at your post. You think throwing 1 less inning from 5 to 4 will make him eligible for a game 5 1-2 days later?

Ain't no pitcher throwing 4-5 innings and available to pitch the next game. The trainers made Dusty take him out
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #307
bowhunter911
Eight Point
 
bowhunter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sealy, Tx
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
No chance IMO! He said he was not 100% and had elbow tightness. At a minimum they will shut him down to rest inflammation. The Astros prolong and keep quiet injuries and are shady about them. That is their MO!!!!


They will not risk their multi million dollar ace who is injured and already had TJ

I laughed at your post. You think throwing 1 less inning from 5 to 4 will make him eligible for a game 5 1-2 days later?

Ain't no pitcher throwing 4-5 innings and available to pitch the next game. The trainers made Dusty take him out

Well for one thing its not elbow tightness its forearm tightness that is what Lance supposedly told the trainers. MRI showed nothing. When you go to a game 5 everyone is available. He had completed the 4th with a fairly low pitch count and said he was not 100%.

Lance said "He added that he has about five days of rest coming his way and did not appear overly concerned about his next start."

We will know once the ALCS roster is announced. I do thing he will be pitching his next scheduled start. Just my opinion.
bowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #308
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/platfo....co/wFBOoxNEKF

Not looking good for Lance.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #309
sgtau44
Eight Point
 
sgtau44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Hunt In: Rusk County
Default

Go ‘Stros! I’ll be in the Crawford Boxes tonight watching an epic beat down of the Red Sox!
sgtau44 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #310
Texas452
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Hunt In: Burleson Coleman Leon counties
Default

Go stros!
I have been an Astro fan all my life.
We got here without Cole, Verlander and Spinger but losing lance is a blow.
But we have a scrappy team, and I believe our players will step up and give the Red Sox all they want and then some.
Texas452 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 08:31 AM   #311
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

What is the official word on Lance? Did they ever say for certain what the injury is? Is he out for the entire post season or just the ALCS?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 08:33 AM   #312
Twist
Ten Point
 
Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Brazoria County
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Latest I see on him is they're waiting for the MRI results. No word on his status from what I can find.
Twist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:20 AM   #313
bowhunter911
Eight Point
 
bowhunter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sealy, Tx
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post
Latest I see on him is they're waiting for the MRI results. No word on his status from what I can find.
MRI results came back negative yesterday. 10am the roster will be announced
bowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:10 AM   #314
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
texasdeerhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
What is the official word on Lance? Did they ever say for certain what the injury is? Is he out for the entire post season or just the ALCS?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing official, but from a friend of a friend, he’s gonna have to get a second TJ surgery. We’ll see, but I think he’s out of the ALCS at a minimum
texasdeerhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #315
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I have seen nothing saying the MRI came back negative! Nothing

SHould know soon

And if he needs TJ, then yes he will be out of the ALCS haha.

Last edited by gingib; 10-15-2021 at 12:03 PM.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #316
bowhunter911
Eight Point
 
bowhunter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sealy, Tx
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Just announced he is out for the ALCS
bowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #317
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter911 View Post
Well for one thing its not elbow tightness its forearm tightness that is what Lance supposedly told the trainers. MRI showed nothing. When you go to a game 5 everyone is available. He had completed the 4th with a fairly low pitch count and said he was not 100%.

Lance said "He added that he has about five days of rest coming his way and did not appear overly concerned about his next start."

We will know once the ALCS roster is announced. I do thing he will be pitching his next scheduled start. Just my opinion.
No where has it shown MRi was negative. If it was negative they would not be getting a 2nd opinion. They are awaiting MRI results, which isnt good to take this long and usually does not mean clean.

Having had elbow surgery also myself, elbow/forearm are generally a pretty comparable similar issue in throwers with elbow issues
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #318
zztex
Pope & Young
 
zztex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LaPorte
Default

He’s on the taxi squad
zztex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #319
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztex View Post
He’s on the taxi squad
WHich I think is a VERY good sign
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #320
bowhunter911
Eight Point
 
bowhunter911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sealy, Tx
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
No where has it shown MRi was negative. If it was negative they would not be getting a 2nd opinion. They are awaiting MRI results, which isnt good to take this long and usually does not mean clean.

Having had elbow surgery also myself, elbow/forearm are generally a pretty comparable similar issue in throwers with elbow issues
I was wrong but did read on fanduel that he should be fine and that was before today. Sucks but I still think we have enough pitching to get it done. lance will be a big loose but we just played the team with one of the best AL bullpens and handled them. Should be a good series.
bowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #321
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter911 View Post
I was wrong but did read on fanduel that he should be fine and that was before today. Sucks but I still think we have enough pitching to get it done. lance will be a big loose but we just played the team with one of the best AL bullpens and handled them. Should be a good series.
Yeah it will be a great series! It hurts, BUT if someone steps up we can replace his innings.

Greinke/Odorizzi may split one game is my thoughts
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #322
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Lance has a flexor pronator muscle strain. It has a 2 weeks recovery window with some people taking 6-8 weeks recover. Odorizzi had the same injury early season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #323
Neck
Pope & Young
 
Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Danbury, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County
Default

Losing LMJ sucks big time but to be fair, they went 5 - 2 against Boston during the regular season and LMJ didn't pitch in any of those 7 games.

That said, this is the post season and regular season stats don't mean squat.



Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 07:33 PM   #324
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

L f g !
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #325
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Who’s pitching for the Astros?
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #326
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Was pitching……Framber


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #327
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

He gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:36 PM   #328
lilavidhunter
Ten Point
 
lilavidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Richland Springs
Default

Got good in a Hurry.

#PayCorrea
lilavidhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:03 AM   #329
Sackett
Pope & Young
 
Sackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Let's go Brandon!
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:18 AM   #330
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

That’s one!
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:22 AM   #331
Cazador
Ten Point
 
Cazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: El Lago, TX
Default

One down and it was a good one! Let’s go!
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:24 AM   #332
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Houston Counties
Default

Altuve made up for that error! Need to watch out for that Hernandez fella the rest of the series...dude had a beast of a game!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:31 AM   #333
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Let's go Brandon!
I had the sound turned down so I didnt have to listen to Buck. Was the crowd chanting FJB?
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:32 AM   #334
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Great game by a great team. One down, three to go.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 02:51 AM   #335
TxDispatcher
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bellville, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilavidhunter View Post
Got good in a Hurry.

#PayCorrea
I think they screwed the pooch on Correa before season started...hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid I’m not
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #336
Sackett
Pope & Young
 
Sackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
I had the sound turned down so I didnt have to listen to Buck. Was the crowd chanting FJB?
I'd like to think so
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #337
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
I think they screwed the pooch on Correa before season started...hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid I’m not
I’m going to go against the grain and say let him go. If he wants to be the highest paid player ever let him go to some shotty team that’s gunna stay shotty. We moved on from springer and cole look at we’re they’re at and look at where we’re At. Are the Padres and Phillies relevant? Plz

Don’t wanna put all eggs in one basket
3rdCoastHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:21 AM   #338
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
I’m going to go against the grain and say let him go. If he wants to be the highest paid player ever let him go to some shotty team that’s gunna stay shotty. We moved on from springer and cole look at we’re they’re at and look at where we’re At. Are the Padres and Phillies relevant? Plz

Don’t wanna put all eggs in one basket

I was on the fence about keeping Carlos as well but after realizing we still have the main core for at least 3 years, i tend to agree. I would rather try and get Verlander for 1 year to see how he does coming off TJ. Pitching is the weak link currently and i’m afraid losing Mccullers might be the undoing in the LCS.

Its impossible to just “replace” a player or leader like Correa, but its hard to overlook Altuve, Tucker, Bregman, Yuli, and Alvarez still under team control.
If Carlos wanted to continue to compete for titles, he would stay on a loaded team. Seems hes after the record contract instead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #339
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
I’m going to go against the grain and say let him go. If he wants to be the highest paid player ever let him go to some shotty team that’s gunna stay shotty. We moved on from springer and cole look at we’re they’re at and look at where we’re At. Are the Padres and Phillies relevant? Plz

Don’t wanna put all eggs in one basket
He’s probably going to the Yankees unfortunately.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 11:28 AM   #340
BBBGP
Ten Point
 
BBBGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Bee Co.
Default

Joe Buck just updated his Facebook status. " In a relationship with Kiki Hernandez's Nuts "
BBBGP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #341
kevin nicholls
Ten Point
 
kevin nicholls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pasadena tx
Hunt In: Who knows
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBGP View Post
Joe Buck just updated his Facebook status. " In a relationship with Kiki Hernandez's Nuts "
This ^^^
Joe Buck went on and on about that throw to home and never mentioned that "old" Yuli easily beat it to the plate.
kevin nicholls is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #342
Neck
Pope & Young
 
Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Danbury, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County
Default

Remind me again.... how old is Juan Soto?

On second thought, no don't, don't ever remind me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #343
MacDaddy67
Pope & Young
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

I’m not sure why Brantley is playing…. Weak single is good I guess…. But that dude was jogging down the line on a play that was not a double play… and he was doubled up…
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #344
Johnny
Pope & Young
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Montgomery & Houston Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin nicholls View Post
This ^^^

Joe Buck went on and on about that throw to home and never mentioned that "old" Yuli easily beat it to the plate.
LOL. Yep, the leg humping has begun.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #345
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Woww
3rdCoastHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #346
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Did someone on the Red Sox hit a grand slam?
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #347
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Yes because we have zero pitching (I still like urquidy though)
3rdCoastHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #348
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
Did someone on the Red Sox hit a grand slam?
2 of them
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 06:48 PM   #349
MacDaddy67
Pope & Young
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Garcia knee soreness…. Are you kidding me… this is the ALCS… pitch till you can’t…

This team is in a bad spot now….
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:55 PM   #350
kevin nicholls
Ten Point
 
kevin nicholls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pasadena tx
Hunt In: Who knows
Default

That was a tough day for the home team.
kevin nicholls is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com