Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
4R Daddy
Ten Point
 
4R Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hunt In: Ranger
Default Gut shot deer. A breakdown

As promised, here's the whole shebang.

As with any epic tale, starting at the beginning helps with understanding the big picture. So here goes. If you wanna skip to just last nights happenings, scroll down to the last couple paragraphs. Im gonna use my humor but that isn't much.

I started running my camera the last Sunday of October. I got the first pic of him the following Thursday. Of course, I was hunting him hard that Saturday.

The entire opening weekend was frustrating. I was ready....scent control was spot on, even trying that Gold blend that I saw at Academy, I'd sneak in quiet and did all the things like I always do. I enter my area from the south. The deer usually come in form North or East and this year every time I walked in or out, I'd push deer. When I was sitting, nothing would get close and when they did show up, they'd stare right at me or throw their nose in the air. Nothing closer than 60 yarrds. STARING at me. Makes no sense. I've put on 10 pounds since last season but my windows are the same size??? I'm even encrusting myself in golden spray. What the crap. Weekend was a bust.

So I sneak out of work last Tuesday10/5. I like hunting weekdays because those deer are smart....but I'm smarter. That's what amazing hunters do. Deer know weekends. For sure. So I decide to mix things up. I ditch the camo and go all black, I paint my ugly face black, I chunk that gold crap and use the ol trusty wildlife research spray, I park a mile away, loop way around and enter from the north, and get in fairly early. And hour later, small buck cruises right past my stand and hopped in the pen like it's no big deal. I told you I'm smart. Then a bigger buck walks up and does the same. 5 min later, big boy comes in and starts eating. So
I stand up, wait for him to hard quarter away and release that arrow.

Then I hear the sound of metal on metal. Deer runs off unharmed. I hit the fence wire between us. I had him lined up and I just didn't get it right. I drive back home depressed. I've just educated that old deer. The only thing that made me feel better was seeing the look on all the peoples faces at the Decatur Taco Casa when I pulled they with black face on.

Last weekend I had to go to Arkansas and wasn't able to hunt. I thought it was ok, because great hunters let their spots rest. And I'm one of those.

So this weekend that we are currently in was gonna be a big weekend. I was actually getting my son away from his gf long enough to go with me and I'm really looking forward to it. But I wanted to get in another weekday hunt beforehand. So the plan was for Tuesday evening.

Tuesday rolls around and the boy dumps his gf. So I think I better stick close to make sure he's ok. We shoot bows all evening and no regrets. I'll go Wednesday.

Wednesday. Work happens.


Thursday gets here and I tell my wife that I'm gonna do and evening sit. I'm off Friday(today) for an afternoon golf tournament that she voluntold me I was attending. Super excited since I don't play golf. But that's ok, son has school so I'd have to come back anyway. The plan was to get in the stand at 4 yesterday and sit and head home after the hunt. Tee time is at noon she says.

So I follow same routine as last week-blacked out, trusty spray, mile parking, loop around and go in from the north.

About 6:00 the deer start coming. Little 10, then a doe and yearling, 2 more bucks. I'm watching. I'm texting my wife and friends in case they forgot that I'm the Dale Brisby of deer hunting. They had not, btw.

So I decide to count the bucks. I sit in the middle of my stupid little modified rifle blind so I have to lean to actually see my pen. So as I'm doing that and doing complicated math, I realize that that somebuck is standing under the feeder.

So I get up and get my crap together and wait. He's cool, the other deer are cool and I'm certainly the coolest. He goes broadside and I draw. Of course, he turns his arse to me and I am at full draw for longer that it takes your mom to eat dinner. Finally he finally gives me what I need. I send the arrow. It passes thru. He lunges forward and as he hops the fence I think I see a gapping hole right behind his shoulder. He hits the ground and stumbles and drops into a creek bottom and disappears. I wait. 31 minutes because I know better than most.

I pick up my arrow. It's practically clean. I look close and I see clear/brown coloring. I smell it. Smells like the bathroom after your moms supper we talked about. I go inspect the spot where he jumped out and I see thick red blood and corn. I back out.

I'm in my camper. I'm questioning my greatness. Should I seek another opinion? I don't know what to do but wait on the dogs. So I do. I watch Chicago PD, kids that Kill, and nearly buy the latest in countertop cooking technology.

Sunrise and I consider taking a quick look before the dog arrives at 8. But some pack of animals scream at me virtually and I decide not to because I was never gonna do it anyway.

Homeboy shows up and the dogs trail into the creek bottom and up the other side and there's my deer. DRT. DIDNT GO 40!! For real tho.

Shot was right where I thought. He bled good and quick. It did exit pretty far back so I'm assuming it his a rib or something and turned and hit his diaphragm.

Then we loaded him. I was on my way to the taxi when my wife called. Remember that golf tourney? Well this sure as hail wasn't part of the plan. Where the frick are you? What's taking so long? Turns out Recovering/loading/tagging and having yourself pointed I'm the direction of home by 8:45 isn't as efficient as it sounds. So did I get him rough scored? Did I take pics of entry/exit? Did I respond as quickly as you rascals wanted me to? No. And I'm still married so do with that what you will.

Currently, im in the truck, the boy is driving. I've got a deer of my lifetime, a round of golf and a gas station corn dog under my belt for the day and im pretty happy. Naps didn't happen, I lost all the range balls I stole and hopefully this young man will get on one tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4R Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:40 PM   #2
Ag 89
Eight Point
 
Ag 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SETX
Hunt In: Segovia, Menard
Default

Congrats again. Beautiful buck. Thanks for the good write-up!
Ag 89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:46 PM   #3
LukeDuke
Ten Point
 
LukeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denton County
Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Louisiana
Default

Congrats! Hopefully your driver gets one too!
LukeDuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:55 PM   #4
Native Texan
Ten Point
 
Native Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The Great State of Texas
Hunt In: Polk County
Default

That's a great buck. Glad you were able to find him.
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:58 PM   #5
4R Daddy
Ten Point
 
4R Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hunt In: Ranger
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4R Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:59 PM   #6
Gumbo Man
Ten Point
 
Gumbo Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Livingston Texas
Hunt In: Onalaska Texas
Default

Was the meat and cape still good? That’s a long time in this weather.
Gumbo Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:59 PM   #7
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties
Default

I guess the meat was not good laying overnight ? Nice buck, glad you found him.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #8
4R Daddy
Ten Point
 
4R Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hunt In: Ranger
Default

Cape was still good. Meat was not. I took it to my favorite processor to ba caped and they made me pay a cape fee AND a processing fee even tho there's no meat. So that's frustrating.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4R Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #9
ctom87
Ten Point
 
ctom87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Searching.
Default

Tagged to read later. Congrats on the deer!
ctom87 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #10
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

That's one of the most unique write ups ever. That said, I can relate to every word of it.

I love the humor but in all seriousness, you did a bunch of stuff right and earned a second chance. Congrats sir, that's a giant buck.
GarGuy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:06 PM   #11
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Good stuff.
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #12
mrc
Ten Point
 
mrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Graham TX.
Hunt In: Young and Jack
Default

Glad those redneck hounds found it for you, those have to be some of the toughest hounds I know.
mrc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:16 PM   #13
toledo
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: the road by your lease
Default

Way to make it happen. Now educate your wife on not scheduling you for crap like that during hunting season.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:20 PM   #14
texan16
Pope & Young
 
texan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fairfield
Hunt In: Freestone/Schleicher Counties
Default

Man, what a wild 24 hours….Congrats on being willing to change the game plan, make adjustments, and killing a hell of a deer. Good luck to the boy this weekend!!!
texan16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:39 PM   #15
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Congrats on a giant! Awesome story.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:41 PM   #16
mikemorvan
Pope & Young
 
mikemorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FW
Hunt In: vetements noirs
Default

"He's cool, the other deer are cool and I'm certainly the coolest. "

Yes sir, you are. Very nice write up and great buck. Congrats...
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 10:59 PM   #17
hoythunter02
Pope & Young
 
hoythunter02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Brady, Texas
Default

Loved following all the way brother! Good luck to your boy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:00 PM   #18
TBoat10
Eight Point
 
TBoat10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: Wilco
Default

Great write up! Love it. Congrats again!
TBoat10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:18 PM   #19
sp-bow
Ten Point
 
sp-bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Magnolia, TX
Hunt In: SHNF, MI
Default

Congrats! Glad it all worked out.
sp-bow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:27 PM   #20
Southernhunters
Four Point
 
Southernhunters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4R Daddy View Post
As promised, here's the whole shebang.

As with any epic tale, starting at the beginning helps with understanding the big picture. So here goes. If you wanna skip to just last nights happenings, scroll down to the last couple paragraphs. Im gonna use my humor but that isn't much.

I started running my camera the last Sunday of October. I got the first pic of him the following Thursday. Of course, I was hunting him hard that Saturday.

The entire opening weekend was frustrating. I was ready....scent control was spot on, even trying that Gold blend that I saw at Academy, I'd sneak in quiet and did all the things like I always do. I enter my area from the south. The deer usually come in form North or East and this year every time I walked in or out, I'd push deer. When I was sitting, nothing would get close and when they did show up, they'd stare right at me or throw their nose in the air. Nothing closer than 60 yarrds. STARING at me. Makes no sense. I've put on 10 pounds since last season but my windows are the same size??? I'm even encrusting myself in golden spray. What the crap. Weekend was a bust.

So I sneak out of work last Tuesday10/5. I like hunting weekdays because those deer are smart....but I'm smarter. That's what amazing hunters do. Deer know weekends. For sure. So I decide to mix things up. I ditch the camo and go all black, I paint my ugly face black, I chunk that gold crap and use the ol trusty wildlife research spray, I park a mile away, loop way around and enter from the north, and get in fairly early. And hour later, small buck cruises right past my stand and hopped in the pen like it's no big deal. I told you I'm smart. Then a bigger buck walks up and does the same. 5 min later, big boy comes in and starts eating. So
I stand up, wait for him to hard quarter away and release that arrow.

Then I hear the sound of metal on metal. Deer runs off unharmed. I hit the fence wire between us. I had him lined up and I just didn't get it right. I drive back home depressed. I've just educated that old deer. The only thing that made me feel better was seeing the look on all the peoples faces at the Decatur Taco Casa when I pulled they with black face on.

Last weekend I had to go to Arkansas and wasn't able to hunt. I thought it was ok, because great hunters let their spots rest. And I'm one of those.

So this weekend that we are currently in was gonna be a big weekend. I was actually getting my son away from his gf long enough to go with me and I'm really looking forward to it. But I wanted to get in another weekday hunt beforehand. So the plan was for Tuesday evening.

Tuesday rolls around and the boy dumps his gf. So I think I better stick close to make sure he's ok. We shoot bows all evening and no regrets. I'll go Wednesday.

Wednesday. Work happens.


Thursday gets here and I tell my wife that I'm gonna do and evening sit. I'm off Friday(today) for an afternoon golf tournament that she voluntold me I was attending. Super excited since I don't play golf. But that's ok, son has school so I'd have to come back anyway. The plan was to get in the stand at 4 yesterday and sit and head home after the hunt. Tee time is at noon she says.

So I follow same routine as last week-blacked out, trusty spray, mile parking, loop around and go in from the north.

About 6:00 the deer start coming. Little 10, then a doe and yearling, 2 more bucks. I'm watching. I'm texting my wife and friends in case they forgot that I'm the Dale Brisby of deer hunting. They had not, btw.

So I decide to count the bucks. I sit in the middle of my stupid little modified rifle blind so I have to lean to actually see my pen. So as I'm doing that and doing complicated math, I realize that that somebuck is standing under the feeder.

So I get up and get my crap together and wait. He's cool, the other deer are cool and I'm certainly the coolest. He goes broadside and I draw. Of course, he turns his arse to me and I am at full draw for longer that it takes your mom to eat dinner. Finally he finally gives me what I need. I send the arrow. It passes thru. He lunges forward and as he hops the fence I think I see a gapping hole right behind his shoulder. He hits the ground and stumbles and drops into a creek bottom and disappears. I wait. 31 minutes because I know better than most.

I pick up my arrow. It's practically clean. I look close and I see clear/brown coloring. I smell it. Smells like the bathroom after your moms supper we talked about. I go inspect the spot where he jumped out and I see thick red blood and corn. I back out.

I'm in my camper. I'm questioning my greatness. Should I seek another opinion? I don't know what to do but wait on the dogs. So I do. I watch Chicago PD, kids that Kill, and nearly buy the latest in countertop cooking technology.

Sunrise and I consider taking a quick look before the dog arrives at 8. But some pack of animals scream at me virtually and I decide not to because I was never gonna do it anyway.

Homeboy shows up and the dogs trail into the creek bottom and up the other side and there's my deer. DRT. DIDNT GO 40!! For real tho.

Shot was right where I thought. He bled good and quick. It did exit pretty far back so I'm assuming it his a rib or something and turned and hit his diaphragm.

Then we loaded him. I was on my way to the taxi when my wife called. Remember that golf tourney? Well this sure as hail wasn't part of the plan. Where the frick are you? What's taking so long? Turns out Recovering/loading/tagging and having yourself pointed I'm the direction of home by 8:45 isn't as efficient as it sounds. So did I get him rough scored? Did I take pics of entry/exit? Did I respond as quickly as you rascals wanted me to? No. And I'm still married so do with that what you will.

Currently, im in the truck, the boy is driving. I've got a deer of my lifetime, a round of golf and a gas station corn dog under my belt for the day and im pretty happy. Naps didn't happen, I lost all the range balls I stole and hopefully this young man will get on one tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flat. Out. Awesome.

Congrats!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Southernhunters is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:28 PM   #21
peterp63
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Default

Awesome buck. Congrats. Love the write up.
peterp63 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:42 PM   #22
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

That’s how you write a story.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #23
JANKEII
Four Point
 
JANKEII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Gatesville
Default

great story
JANKEII is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #24
Grndchecker
Ten Point
 
Grndchecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baytown, TX
Hunt In: Polk County, TX
Default

Congratulations. Great buck and even better write up.
Grndchecker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #25
manwitaplan
Pope & Young
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default Gut shot deer. A breakdown

Ridin bulls and punching fools, ol’ son.

Great write up and congrats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 01:44 AM   #26
fish4food
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Calhoun County
Default

Awesome story! Thanks for taking us along!

Glad you found him.
fish4food is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 03:00 AM   #27
Trapper76
Eight Point
 
Trapper76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Default

Great recap, Thanks for sharing. I’m glad they didn’t, but I’m surprised the coyotes didn’t have their way with your deer. I shot one right at dark, waited for it to get daylight the next morninn. All that was was left was hide, skeleton and horns.
Trapper76 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 04:31 AM   #28
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Awesome write up! Huge congrats on a stud buck! Thanks for bringing us along; despite the loss of morning productivity the Texas economy will be just fine.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 07:40 AM   #29
coker737
Ten Point
 
coker737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX
Default

Great Play By Play....Congrats
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #30
4R Daddy
Ten Point
 
4R Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hunt In: Ranger
Default

Update: the boy did NOT unass the bed this morning. I'm solo on pig patrol. But my new suppressor got approved this week so that's another opportunity for awesomeness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4R Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #31
Ruttin&Struttin
Eight Point
 
Ruttin&Struttin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: North Texas, South East Texas, Hill Country
Default

Great read and beautiful buck!
Ruttin&Struttin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:13 AM   #32
ElfEyes
Ten Point
 
ElfEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nederland, TX
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4R Daddy View Post
Update: the boy did NOT unass the bed this morning. I'm solo on pig patrol. But my new suppressor got approved this week so that's another opportunity for awesomeness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next time tell him you shot the smaller one because he was closer and noone would believe you anyway if you told people how big of a deer your son has a chance at lol
ElfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:36 AM   #33
smokeless
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minerva
Hunt In: Across the fence
Default

Nice write up. So, your taking up golf now ??
smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:39 AM   #34
Stuck
Pope & Young
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Great write up. I could pretty much tell by the picture you were one of the, if not the greatest hunter ever, but thanks for clarifying it.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #35
ATXRaider83
Eight Point
 
ATXRaider83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bertram, Tx
Hunt In: Garza County
Default

Literature this good should be high school English coarse material

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
ATXRaider83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #36
Farmdog
Pope & Young
 
Farmdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mercedes
Default

I just scrolled past, then I read what Gar Guy said, returned to read the whole story, cause thats what great TBHers do congrats! Enjoyed it
Farmdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:03 AM   #37
cram369
Six Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Enjoyed the write up. You have a gift. Congrats on a great buck.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
cram369 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #38
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
Ridin bulls and punching fools, ol’ son.

Great write up and congrats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He ain't no cowboy ol' son, he's the iceman of deer slaying

Great story sir. I can appreciate the humor

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #39
RutnBuk
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brownwood, Tx
Hunt In: Mills/Brown county
Default

Hell of a deer. Youve got way more control than me. If there was good blood id a been following. At least until I jumped him. lol
RutnBuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #40
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default

Awesome story, and great buck!!

Congrats!

Bisch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #41
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point
 
MUZZYSLINGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palestine , TX
Hunt In: Home and wherever i can
Default

One of the best AARs on the Green Screen I have ever read.

Glad you were able to make the recovery & I have no doubt that this mount will always hold a place of honor on your wall.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write the story up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MUZZYSLINGR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:49 AM   #42
Tommy1123
Eight Point
 
Tommy1123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Carthage, Tx
Hunt In: Panola Co, Tyler Co
Default

“Sunrise and I consider taking a quick look before the dog arrives at 8. But some pack of animals scream at me virtually and I decide not to because I was never gonna do it anyway.”

😂😂😂
Tommy1123 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:54 AM   #43
tdwinklr
Ten Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

well worth the wait. Congrats again!
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:56 AM   #44
Roger
Eight Point
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sadler, TX
Hunt In: Grayson, Collingsworth
Default

That sir, was one highly entertaining story and an outstanding buck. You certainly did not originally oversell how big he is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #45
bps3040
Pope & Young
 
bps3040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring,Texas
Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada
Default

Great write up and buck! Congrats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #46
hopedale
Pope & Young
 
hopedale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Williamson county
Hunt In: WMAs
Default

Enjoyed your story. Congrats
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #47
Bone Thug
Pope & Young
 
Bone Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Well done all around.

Congrats again on a solid buck…You got a big ole’ goodun!!!
Bone Thug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #48
Ætheling
Pope & Young
 
Ætheling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

I hit a doe forward last weekend and the arrow bounced off the shoulder blade, then the ribs exiting out the bottom below the breast bone nicking the stomach. Arrow had blood and stomach juice. I waited an hour and then retrieved the arrow. Saw corn and tons of blood but figured like you I gut shot. Due to the amount of blood I tracked slowly and figured Id back out if blood stopped. Found her around 75 yds. Didn’t realize what happened till I saw her piled up. Luckily the rage cut the belly skin open enough that her stomach was outside of her so wasted only the shoulder with the wound as it got stomach juice inside it. You just never know. My track was daylight though.
Ætheling is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #49
the-butcher
Ten Point
 
the-butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: montgomery,texas
Hunt In: cushing,tx
Default

Epic story telling. Congrats on the stud of a deer, a short track, a cold corn dog and happy wife.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
the-butcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #50
Mudslinger
Pope & Young
 
Mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rogers TX
Hunt In: Kent/Stonewall Counties, Limpopo South Africa
Default

Congrats on a great buck!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com