Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Got a good rain at house last night. Radar looked like WMA got a good one too. I wanted a big rain right before… just hope it wasn’t enough to cancel
    we got about an inch at our place which is 7 miles from the wma
    it has been very dry so it will not effect the hunt

Comment

I will be heading that way tomorrow, Hopefully this cool weather that is coming will get them moving.
      See y'all there!

Comment

Good luck to all you guys
        Should be a good week or two of hunting at Rc
        I tried standby but 48 groups and my number wasn’t called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The number of stand bys was CRAZY!

Got stands hung today and covered over 10 miles on atv and over 3 on foot. Will start hunting tomorrow. Could have tagged out easily today, but with 1 tag I’m holding out

Comment

The number of stand bys was CRAZY!
            Thank you Joe Biden, people are just taking their govt check and hunting and fishing all week long, seen it at the lake, weekday boat ramps look like the weekends used to.

Got stands hung today and covered over 10 miles on atv and over 3 on foot. Will start hunting tomorrow. Could have tagged out easily today, but with 1 tag I’m holding out
            From what i heard first segment harvest #'s were rough, you must have found the honey hole.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 10-15-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

We have 1 spot that will have deer I’m pretty confident in. I’ve got more I want to look at. Probably around noon tomorrow. They are scattered but moving

I’ve checked 100 oaks today if I’ve checked 1 of every species except a blackjack and ain’t seen a single acorn. Not on the tree or on the ground.

So far these doe are the dumbest animals I’ve ever seen

Comment

They’re dumb because there’s little to no pressure there, you should have seen it under type 2, they were smart. This years there are fewer acorns but even in good years those black land oaks just don’t seem to produce much. I’ve got one place in Navarro with some oaks and I’ve seen them only produce mast s as few times in the past several years.

Comment

We have 1 spot that will have deer I’m pretty confident in. I’ve got more I want to look at. Probably around noon tomorrow. They are scattered but moving

I’ve checked 100 oaks today if I’ve checked 1 of every species except a blackjack and ain’t seen a single acorn. Not on the tree or on the ground.

So far these doe are the dumbest animals I’ve ever seen
                  Drawn on the Trinity Unit also. Didn’t find an oak with acorns either. Saw 5 doe this morning, no bucks or hogs.

Comment

Had one of the bigger bucks I’ve seen of the 54 total just come in to my new set and bed 35 yards from me for the past hour. Had him at 25 and videoed instead. Weak brows. Probably a 3yo and right at the 15” mark

He farted like a grown man while ago and made me jump. Lol

Been nonstop action since we got here. Tons of spikes and small bucks. Super dry too

The shummard oak at my camper is raining acorns

Comment

I’ve seen 1 hog and it was on atv ride in this morning

Comment

I have seen nothing but bucks still in bachelor groups mostly.
                        Most are young bucks, a couple are borderline 15” and one big boy.
                        If he walks the same trail he did yesterday morning I will be heading home tonight. ��
                        I have not seen one hog.
                        Last edited by txbowhunter31; 10-17-2021, 04:58 AM. Reason: Add to message

Comment

Biggest I seen was Friday and he had a doe. Second biggest was yesterday morning and he was cruising beds. I hate to leave where I’m at seeing so many deer, just not the one I came for. Been a great time so far!

Seen a 3pt on rack yesterday. Hunters first deer!

Comment

Can you find “ol toot toot” the farting 8pt in his bed
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cool. Seen 2 doe and a fat raccoon this morning so far. Oh and a small group of hogs on the 4-wheeler ride in.

Comment

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X