I Spent the Last 2 Days at the Vortex Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't even know they were doing all that stuff of stuff now. I thought all their glass moved off shore too. Fantastic to hear!

I should have looked at your location. Growing up in WI, I dreamed of hunting Iowa bucks!
    Your are right. Most of there products are built overseas to their engineers specifications. They have a huge engineering department. Their dream is to manufacture everything in Wisconsin. The only scopes being built there now are the Razor HD AMG and some parts for the Razor HD Gen lll scopes. Most of the machine shop is working on military prototype parts. We got to watch this computer measuring device that was measuring scope parts to 1 micron tolerances.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is so cool, thanks for sharing.

Some people think it's gimmicky but when you create a great work atmosphere and your employees are happy it shows in the service and product. I've used their warranty once, earlier this year I sent in a pair of Gen 1 Diamonback binos I'd kept in the truck and just got beat up over the years. Sent them in and about 5 weeks later had a brand new set of Gen II Diamondbacks with bino harness. Glad to see they're doing so well.

Comment

Here are couple of screenshots from the Vortex Edge integrated live-fire and virtual weapons training system.You are surrounded on 5 sides by video screens. This system helps to make critical decisions in tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving situations. Law enforcement agencies from across the Midwest are going to Vortex to utilize this training. Vortex offers this at no cost to the police departments.

In this scenario we were entering a supermarket with 3 suspects holding a hostage. It is realistic and pretty dang intense when you are getting shot at even though it's just a video.

For the record I took out all three suspects. My partner (female officer) got wounded. I clipped the top of the hostages shoulder with a non lethal wound [emoji1745]while taking a lethal head shot on the hostage taker. After the session ends it is replayed and you can see where all your shots (hits and misses) actually landed. The actual video is very graphic.

Comment

Red dot

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          I am second from the left.

The fellow in the wheel chair is Tim Austin. He is one of my best friends. When he started with Vortex they had 9 employees. The owner (Dan Hamilton) told him he would have a job for life whether Vortex made it or not. Obviously they made "made it" and Tim has been an integral part of their success. He was my first sales rep. He is now part of the customer care team.

I’m looking to get a venom or viper for my new Glock 40 could you call me at your convenience. 972-822-9727

Comment

I have a set of their binos that go back at the end of every season for eye cup repairs��

Comment

Very cool operation, I like that, thanks for posting.

Comment

Pretty cool, my hometown is Fennimore, WI. Depending on where you are in Iowa you may have passed through it to get to Barneveld. (Or not if you took 151 from Dubuque.)

Comment

Super impressive. Having perks on site like daycares is what attracts great employees.
                  Nice to see more employers that care about their employees.

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Beautiful facility.

Introduction Vortex Optics is a US-based manufacturer of optics equipment primarily for birdwatching, hunting, wildlife watching and other outdoor recreational activities. Their main products include binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, monoculars, red dots and rangefinders. Some of their products are also used by law enforcement agencies, such as the state police, drug enforcement and border control.  Check out Vortex binoculars here Wild… Read More »Where are Vortex binoculars made?

Comment

Everyone has their preference in optics and I know some do not prefer Vortex.

I will say this... if you could spend some time at their facility you would love the people and appreciate what they do for their customers, law enforcement agencies, and the military.

Comment

Interesting they started from birding.

My first purchase from Mike was the Stokes DLS 8x42 bino's that I still use and love to this day. Based on Don Stokes (birder) feedback for development.

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

Working...
                            X