Begera vs. Browning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWD View Post
    I'd pick the Bergara because the X Bolt doesn't fit me well. The comb is too low. Plus, they're an amazing value for the price.

6.5 Man Bun is an excellent target cartridge. With hunting bullets you can do the job with it. However, it would be far from my first choice for someone not an experienced hunter or excellent marksman. It just doesn't give you much margin for error and doesn't pack the whallop that so many other cartridges do.

You’re just setting him up to sell you another gun [emoji57]. Good job, proceed [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my bergara’s. I have a browning x-bolt and love it, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the accuracy of my Bergara’s.

Comment

Buy one of each. Problem solved.
        He who dies with the most guns wins.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
          You’re just setting him up to sell you another gun [emoji57]. Good job, proceed [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yeah you might be on to something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I never understood why the 6.5 bullets didn't get more love 35 years ago. And understood what the 6.5 Sweed could do. I never owned one because I lacked the $$$ back then. And cartridges like the 30-378 were popular, which I never got to own either. I was a poor man back then. But still reloaded and shot a good bit, which helped keep me poor, I'm sure.

My brother bought a B-14 in 6.5 CM. And after running that barrel out, he had APR rebarrel it with a Bartlin in the same cartridge. He shoots a few times a week out at ETTS on the long range. Has over 4k rounds through the Bartlin. Just when he thinks he's going to need another barrel, he finds a way to squeak some more out of it.
            Technology has come a long way. High BC low drag bullets are what make today’s projectiles shine. Back then you didn’t have that. You just used big horsepower rounds and most all bullets were hunting bullets.

Not to mention component quality has improved.

Pretty hard to pick from those two. I really enjoyed the higher end X bolts I shot. I owned a bergara b14 HMR. I’d take the browning over that one. Aftermarket support is stronger for bergara if that matters.
            Last edited by trophy8; 10-17-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

It is hard to argue with a 6.5 CM. I do not own one but if something was to happen to my 7mm-08 I would replace it with 6.5 CM. Factory loads sustaining velocity > 1800 to 700 yards with a 143 gr. bullet. Doing this with 20% less recoil than the 7mm-08. Good barrel life, so you can get lots of practice in. To me it is about the perfect Texas cartridge.

Comment

Looks like he went with the Browning.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Ridge SP version (short barrel) and I am as impressed with it as I am with all the higher end Sakos I own.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I have the Ridge SP version (short barrel) and I am as impressed with it as I am with all the higher end Sakos I own.
                    Same here my SP is in 6.5 creedmore. Its gonna be my go to this year for deer. Also have a HMR Wilderness in 300 WM. They both shoot 1/2" groups at 100 and less than 1" at 200. Kinda ****** me off but these shoot just as good as my custom rifles that cost much much more.

Comment

Bergara

Comment

Working...
                      X