X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knives of Alaska...great blades!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
      I’m looking for a skinning knife with a leather sheath. Anyone recommend anything that’s under 100.00?

Comment

Skinning Knife on a budget

I’m a taxidermist and these are the only knives I use. ALL of my skinning, fleshing, detail work, etc is done with these cold steel paring knives. LOVE them!!! Make a cheap sheath from kydex or just order one of those simple leather sheaths the whole knife will go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if you can find a Benchmade in that price range, but their quality is good and they use good steel.

Comment

Steel Hook blade in a box cutter

Havalon Piranta
            For faster, easier skinning and field dressing of any kind of wild game, it’s easy to see why the Piranta-Edge is our best-selling knife. Big or small, the Edge is ready to handle the job.

Won't win beauty contests but butchers anything super quick, Havalon is a **** scalpel. Plus both are cheap, and when they lose their edge just pitch the blade.

Comment

Been killing deer since 1968 and more than 3/4 have been gutted, skinned and cleaned with an old Case 2 blade Trapper. Sure hurt to lose that old knife since it was made from 1095 carbon steel and would hold an edge thru several deer cleanings and re sharpen with just a few licks on an arkansas stone .
              I make a few knives now in my retirement but nothing was ever any better than that old trapper knife. One of these days I will run across another one of those original Trappers NIB.

Comment

you can still find the original sharp knives on ebay. My favorite skinning knife.

Comment

Man, I know you asked for a skinning knife, and Lord knows I have about 5 or 6 good ones, but since I got my Outdoor Edge 3.0 Razor Lite EDC, I haven't touched another knife. It's in my pocket every where I go and will skin a deer as good if not better than any knife I have ever put in my hand.

Comment

Triple Edge archery in Dayton has some nice ones made out of files in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                      Bokker makes a great blade. I have several myself.
                      They are made in Solingen, Germany, an area which has a long history of producing quality knife blades. At this price point -you can't go wrong.
                      That knife isn’t made in Germany it is made in Argentina decent knife but not the same as the German knives

Comment

My go to knife is an old timer trapper folding pocket knife. But I have an assortment of others I just bought a little Buck fixed blade that's seems real nice for like $24 @ academy.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
                          Bokker makes a great blade. I have several myself.
                          They are made in Solingen, Germany, an area which has a long history of producing quality knife blades. At this price point -you can't go wrong.
                          True, they are a good knife. No longer made in Germany. Bought one a couple months back, made in China, yep, I was disappointed.. The steel is still Solingen steel...I think. Holds a good edge, easy to sharpen. Mine cost $85.

Comment

They've gone up but are still reasonable, I have 3 or 4 of these and they're great:

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                              This is a smoking deal on a nice knife...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016875399?pid=267915
                              That is for sure a heck of a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                                My dad makes skinning/kitchen knives and is within your price range sir. He is retired and does it as a side hustle. Glenn 281330274seven

I really like the profile of the second from the top in the group photo![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X