Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
    Anyone recommend a reliable dozer guy who could do some work in NW Irion Co?

I'm getting my ducks in a row on a new place, and it's going to need a couple days of road & brush work.
    I don’t off hand but but there’s some good hunting in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
      Chased this guy down yesterday. Finally on the board after what’s been a rough season out west!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice bird. Congrats on the bow kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        I don’t off hand but but there’s some good hunting in that area.

Thanks. I hope I’ve got a few big ones running around

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Just ran out this last week.... wanted to run out all the medicated wormer before I put new in. Was supposed to go out this weekend but my truck had oil in the coolant this weekend and I just had a repair done on the oil cooler in Feb. New truck shopping as we speak.....
          That’s ain’t good, if you are looking at new ford, buddy of mine has been driving a new f250 7.3 gas and said it’s great. I may look at the gas when I get a new one later this yr if I do

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
            [IMG]
            Chased this guy down yesterday. Finally on the board after what’s been a rough season out west!

Great bird!!! Was he talking?
            Last edited by El General; 05-14-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Great bird!!! Was he talking?

Thanks! Man he wasn’t, I called up 3 jakes right before he just happened to stroll by. He saw my spread and came in struttin. Was a cool/exciting hunt. Have it on video, I’ll have to post later

Comment

Guy on our lease got this pic on his covert this evenin! Looks like a good soakin rain. Prayers answered

Comment

It got a little biblical last night. I bet it was gusting past 40. The wind was South all day, then it died to nothing for about 10 min, then it came roaring out of the west. It was pretty awesome.

Comment

Man our area is high and dry. No more green already, just a dust bowl. Pray for rain, this dry in May is not good.

Comment

We got bout 1/2” is what I heard. Better than a poke in the eye.
                      Hopefully we get a little more in the next couple weeks before summer really sets in.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                        Man our area is high and dry. No more green already, just a dust bowl. Pray for rain, this dry in May is not good.
                        It was like that for us, Literally the rain split us the other day, then again the next time it was supposed to rain. Luckily we finally got some. Interested to see what it looks like when I go up the last week of May.

Comment

Ranch in NW Irion was dry dry yesterday. A month ago it needed rain but the grass was still green and plants in bloom. Now it’s dusty.

I guess the big rains missed us last week as well cause everything looks pretty cooked.

Heading back next weekend for some water projects.

Last edited by walker1983; 05-18-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

We got a half inch Friday night and it barely cut the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              We got a half inch Friday night and it barely cut the dust.
                              Looks like we got a sprinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                                Ranch in NW Irion was dry dry yesterday. A month ago it needed rain but the grass was still green and plants in bloom. Now it’s dusty.

I guess the big rains missed us last week as well cause everything looks pretty cooked.

Heading back next weekend for some water projects.

We’re in Nw Irion and the river country got a good rain a couple weeks ago. North end is a dust bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X