New/Hot Fitness Trend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New/Hot Fitness Trend?

Back in the day, that's how we got from Point A to Point B after the deuce and a half broke.

Seriously though, the claims they make are no joke. I didn't weight myself, but during the work up for Bataan this year I know I shed a few pounds and got a lot stronger in some areas.

I prefer a weighted vest, distributes the weight more evenly

Comment

It can relieve and prevent back pain
      This guys has apparently never tried an old school ALICE pack.

Comment

This reminds me of GoRuck

Comment

This unique Memorial Day tradition will take place throughout the United States on May 27, 2024. #TakeTheChallenge #MoreThanJustAWorkout

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            This guys has apparently never tried an old school ALICE pack.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	thisverbose.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24380776

But, taking an old shower towel and a bunch of 100MPH tape to the kidney pad helps.

A little.

Comment

No rucking way I could handle that. My spine would fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                [ATTACH]714656[/ATTACH]

But, taking an old shower towel and a bunch of 100MPH tape to the kidney pad helps.

A little.
                A very little... for me it was always a matter of where the weight was. Whoever designed that POS, obviously(the lowest bidder) never had to use one.

Comment

Back in the day, that's how we got from Point A to Point B after the deuce and a half broke.

Seriously though, the claims they make are no joke. I didn't weight myself, but during the work up for Bataan this year I know I shed a few pounds and got a lot stronger in some areas.

What kind of pack do you use? I have gotten in the habit of throwing a 25lb dumbell in an old back pack when the wife and I go for a walk but the pack kinda hurts me.
                  Last edited by Dan T; 05-21-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan T View Post
                    What kind of pack do you use? I have gotten in the habit of throwing a 25lb dumbell in an old back pack when the wife and I go for a walk but the pack kinda hurts me.
                    I used a GoRuck GR0 for Bataan and had some of the kids from a job site I was on cut me some plates from some scrap steel we had laying around (1/2", 1/4" and 3/8") to dimensions that would fit in one of the internal pockets. Kept the weight snugged up tight to my upper back.

Comment

I have 70# added to my Eberlestock right now. Weight sits on my hips like it should! Nice to hit a 4-6 miler a couple times a week in addition to other stuff.

Comment

Ive been doing it to get ready for a sheep hunt next year...slowly building up weight. Using a Kifaru pack and bags of rice/beans and 2 liter coke bottles for weight. Walking on an incline treadmill and a stairmaster make it really fun.
                        Last edited by Closetohome; 05-21-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

so does it really work? I guess you would burn even more cals if you jogged some with it on or is that a bad idea?

Comment

careful guys...
                            This is prolly good in moderation...however I see pts very frequently ex-military with severe back problems/disc bulge from heavy ruck training.. Just my .02

Comment

I used a GoRuck GR0 for Bataan and had some of the kids from a job site I was on cut me some plates from some scrap steel we had laying around (1/2", 1/4" and 3/8") to dimensions that would fit in one of the internal pockets. Kept the weight snugged up tight to my upper back.
                              Thanks! Man they are proud of those packs, I had no idea they ran that kind of $$

Comment

Working...
                              X