RV Travel Trailer accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Travel Trailer accessories

I am new to the travel trailer world and looking at all the accessories that are needed to go along with it. I am researching surge protectors, sewer hoses, collapsible ladder among other items.

In particular to the 50 amp surge protector and sewer hose, what Brand have TBH'ers have had the best luck with and which brands to stay away from. I have heard horror stories with *****ty sewer hoses. (pun intended)

If you have a little time.... list your must haves you keep in your RV, such as tools, first aid kit, extension cords, etc.

Get the metal scissor lock, wheel locks.

If your stabilizer jacks have a hex bolt to extend/retract them, get an A-dapter for your screw gun.

TWO, make that 2....stinky slinkies (sewer hoses), and the 90 degree A-dapter with the oring to seal it to the pipe in the ground.

Comment

Plenty of heavy duty extension cords. Water pressure regulator if you hook up direct to city water. These were my first two thoughts.

Comment

Spare parts. Hose ends, fuses, Hose washers, etc. A tool kit. I have had great luck with the Gorilla sewer kits.

Comment

YouTube has all kinds of videos for RV accessories and tool kits.

Comment

Im assuming your trailer is a 50 amp service hence why you would want 50 Amp surge protector,
            proper extensions cords (not what you buy at home depot for running small items with).
            adaptor for 50to 30 amp power and 50 to 15 amp power
            I carry 25 foot of sewer hose along with the slinky ramp thing that keeps the poo flowing in the right direction
            sewer treatment packets or liquid you put in after you dump the tanks (always add a good dose of water with them a dry tank in my experience is a stinky one)

2 water hoses one for clean drinking water the other for black tank flush (dont mix them up)
            Level blocks the kind you pull up onto in order to properly level your trailer(dont try to level with your jacks you will break them they are only to stabilize)
            Wheel chocks
            I also like the x chocks that go between the tires
            If stabilizer jacks are not electric bring and impact and the proper size deep socket with you it will save you a lot of time.

There is way more stuff I am sure I could come up with. like many of us you'll figure it out as you go. Cant tell you how many times I have had to run into a near by town to grab something I didn't think about needing. I love camping and so do my girls get out there and enjoy it.

Comment

If cost is a factor, forgo the surge protector for now. Yes...there could be a surge in power while hooked up. But if you have a storm coming though, just unplug it, and that will take care of 90% or surges.

Just google the stuff you need. We went Camco sewer pipe and connection kit, plain 30' water line, water filter, and just cheap wheel chocks. We have a pile of blackwater tank tablets to keep any sewer gasses at bay. Axe in the trailer, one 110 extension cord, usually keep a handful of fuses of each amperage with us. We have a huge area rug for outside the door, and a flat top for cooking. Oh and starting last weekend, I brought a 10 lbs hammer and punches, which I ended up needing because I forgot the key to the trailer coupler lock.

We still have to buy the trailer leveling pads (Things you put under your tires to level side to side), the surge protector, and propane tank level indicators.

Comment

I've found 2X8s, and 1X8s cut with 45 degree angles on each end, are more useful around camp than the plastic stackable levelling pads. Either way, have enough to pull one tire up on to get the other tire off the ground in case of a flat, saves mucho time over using a jack.

Comment

I was seriously watching youtube vids on this last night. Go on youtube and search it. There are tons of videos about just this topic. Lots of great ideas, and a bunch of uhhhhh...

Comment

I am a fan of anything Camco. Always had good luck with their stuff.

Comment

Surge Protector - this is good fairly inexpensive starter surge protector. Some of these can get really expensive.

Water pressure regulator - lets you adjust your water pressure amount and have the gauge on it to see what it is. Definitely a more piece of mind than the others that says 40-50 psi but you really don't know.

Wifi Camp Pro 2 if getting strong wifi from where you're camping matters. We have a TV and use Roku for our TV when on family glamping trips. This really helps. I also work from my camper sometimes so this was needed for me to work from anywhere.

soft start RV AC - helps AC startup be smoother. Also great for in case you have 2 ACs but only running on 30a hookup or with a lot of other appliances running

Septic hoses - Get 2 collapsible ones that the elbow can disconnect. Allows you to store the hoses in your bumper. Just connect the elbow to the ground septic.

Bumper cap - if storing septic hoses in bumper this is a great option to keep the hose in the bumper and makes it easy for pulling the hose out

If staying with the original mattress provided then get a matress topper. Makes sleeping much better.

A couple of standing fans. Good to have inside to circulate air around when it's cool at night and AC cuts off. Also good to pull outside when it's hot and you're trying to hang around outside.

2 way Y water value with shutoffs on each side. One for water to the trailer and another to a hose with sprayer on it. Can clean off kids feet, etc. outside if they have been in sand before entering the trailer. I like the expandable hoses for this.
                      Last edited by BigL; 11-03-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input! I cant wait to pick it up Friday.

Comment

You like the soft start system? I've been thinking about adding it to my dual 15,000 setup. From what I read you can run both units off 30 amp 110

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Surge Protector - this is good fairly inexpensive starter surge protector. Some of these can get really expensive.

Water pressure regulator - lets you adjust your water pressure amount and have the gauge on it to see what it is. Definitely a more piece of mind than the others that says 40-50 psi but you really don't know.

Wifi Camp Pro 2 if getting strong wifi from where you're camping matters. We have a TV and use Roku for our TV when on family glamping trips. This really helps. I also work from my camper sometimes so this was needed for me to work from anywhere.

soft start RV AC - helps AC startup be smoother. Also great for in case you have 2 ACs but only running on 30a hookup or with a lot of other appliances running

Septic hoses - Get 2 collapsible ones that the elbow can disconnect. Allows you to store the hoses in your bumper. Just connect the elbow to the ground septic.

Bumper cap - if storing septic hoses in bumper this is a great option to keep the hose in the bumper and makes it easy for pulling the hose out

If staying with the original mattress provided then get a matress topper. Makes sleeping much better.

A couple of standing fans. Good to have inside to circulate air around when it's cool at night and AC cuts off. Also good to pull outside when it's hot and you're trying to hang around outside.

2 way Y water value with shutoffs on each side. One for water to the trailer and another to a hose with sprayer on it. Can clean off kids feet, etc. outside if they have been in sand before entering the trailer. I like the expandable hoses for this.

Comment

Solar screens for Windows. Well worth the money. And get 2 of those cloth shoe racks that hang over doors. We have forks, knifes, spoons, cups, plastic bags you about name it in the one in the kitchen and rolled towels, soap, shampoo etc in the one in the bathroom. These work great and gives you extra room for your wife's junk.

Comment

Originally posted by texanhoyt View Post
                              You like the soft start system? I've been thinking about adding it to my dual 15,000 setup. From what I read you can run both units off 30 amp 110
                              Yes you can run both off 30 amp. I still don't do it but can if needed.

OP - if you need anything from technoRV check them out. They are having their black Friday sale.

Looking To Enhance Your RV Lifestyle? At TechnoRV, We Offer Top Quality RV Technology. At TechnoRV, We Provide Great Pricing & An Efficient Purchase Process. Shop Now ยป Free Shipping. 5-Star Support. Good Prices. Money-Back Guaranteed. High-Quality Products.

Comment

Working...
                              X