What is your favorite hunting medium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite hunting medium?

For me hands down it is a tree stand. It is the most challenging for me to draw on an animal from, the most intimate to nature and my prey and also it provides the most breathtaking views of nature especially at first light.

For bowhunting, I'd say tree stand too. A popup gets you eye level, right in their face. That's cool. But I like the 360-degree views in a tree stand. Less confining than a popup.

But overall, my favorite hunt is still hunting. Stalking and sneaking on the ground. Carrying a rifle makes it more effective, obviously, so that's what I'm carrying most often when still hunting. It's more about the experience than the weapon for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      For bowhunting, I'd say tree stand too. A popup gets you eye level, right in their face. That's cool. But I like the 360-degree views in a tree stand. Less confining than a popup.

But overall, my favorite hunt is still hunting. Stalking and sneaking on the ground. Carrying a rifle makes it more effective, obviously, so that's what I'm carrying most often when still hunting. It's more about the experience than the weapon for me.
      This, exactly this.

Comment

Ive had a blast on my little piece of property hunting deer and pigs out of a 10' quadpod and a 15' ladderstand. i've gotten busted by a few deer, but I can breathe, smell, feel the breeze, and look all around my piece of heaven. I do not like suffocating in a popup or box blind.

Comment

Agree, tree stand up high is pretty cool experience.

Since you didn't say "deer hunting", I'm going to throw in bowfishing. Wading shallows for carp is a great kind of fun as well.

Comment

8-10 ft tripod

Comment

Favorite way to bow hunt is a ground blind. Had more success when I just brush in an area, less out of pop ups. Gotten real close to deer that way. I'll see the most deer overall out of a tree.

Comment

Sniff/listen/spot & stalk.
                Hogs.
                I shot one deer out of a tree.
                (I was in the tree)

Comment

I love a tree stand about 20 ft up. Especially one overlooking a creek bottom or fence crossing spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    8-10 ft tripod

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. On the ground in natural cover with my bow.
                      2. In a tree bow hunting
                      3. In a ground blind with a bow
                      4. In a box blind gun hunting

Comment

Spot and stalk for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

In a tree for me.

Comment

Tree stand for WT 100%

Comment

I got into tree saddle hunting last year and it is awesome. I hunted from 18 different trees. I still have several lock ons set for this year but 90% of my hunts will be from the saddle even at 67 years old. I am more stable shooting out of the saddle than sitting or especially standing in on lock on.

And they will walk right under you.

Here is a short video of my saddle rig.

https://youtu.be/BE0G8oytGpQ

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X