Gabapentin 300 MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin 300 MG

I was given the above for nerve pain associated with back issues.
    Anybody take this? Any issues?

Common shingles med. I’ve taken it recently but off it now.

Wife takes it every day(RA). No issues for either of us.

Comment

Gave it to my dog the last couple years of her life for arthritis.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I took it last year for awhile for back/leg pain. Didn’t do much of anything for me. No side effects for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took it for five cracked ribs and had no issues

Comment

It's great stuff! I have been on and off of it over the last 2 years. My doctor told me to take it everyday and it wouldn't hurt you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was up to 2700 mg/day after a really bad case of shingles. It was the only thing that worked on relieving the horrible pain. I'm weaned down to 300mg/day now. Probably be off them after this bottle is gone.
              I asked Dr if it was bad for me when I was talking so much. He said the body is very tolerant to gabapentin. No worries.
              BTW.....you don't want shingles. If your opposed to vaccines, at least get that one (Shingrix). Shingles won't kill you but you'll wish you were dead.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by bakin7005; 03-22-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Son takes it at night for anxiety

Comment

It's kind of a catch all drug, ive got 600mgs prescribed.

2700 is alot, thats the most I've personally heard someone on, I know the max dose is 3600mgs.

Comment

I took it before dr switch me to lirica.

Comment

I took it for about three years for neck pain. It worked well and was cheap.

Comment

Wife takes it for her fibromyalgia. No side effects to speak of.

Comment

Super old drug and used for multiple health issues, no serious side effects unless allergic.

Comment

That is a very common prescription. It is an old depression medication but now is used for nerve pain and neuropathy pain. There are a tremendous number of people that are on that medicine. Usually minimal side effects. I would recommend Lyrica or pre-Gabalin because you get more bang for your pill. A normal dosage for gabapentin would be 300 mg three times a day. Maximum dose is 3600 mg per day

Comment

I tried gabapentin once for migraines; didn’t work for me, however, I know a number of people who have taken it for back/neck pain with anywhere from moderate to great success. The great thing is that, in these instances, it became an option for those for whom other pain management methods failed (TINS, surgery), or allowed an efficacious alternative for those who wanted to move away from the vicious vortex of narcotic pain meds.

In a med class called anti-convulsants, gabapentin has been a long-standing therapy for epileptic seizures but, until recently, it was unclear exactly how it worked. Today, we know that gabapentin works by modulating the sensitivity of one (or more) of the excitatory neurotransmitters in your brain called GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid). Because this drug works to inhibit the transmission of pain to your CNS, this explains why gabapentin also works on pain related to shingles, diabetic neuropathy, idiopathic (non-traumatic) back/neck pain, and other nervous system pain.

Will it work for you? I don’t know. One thing I have been told, however, is that there are very few permanent side effects to treatment and there are few other drugs it interacts with. All this is to say that it seems to me you might have little, if anything, to lose so it might be worth giving it a try. Of course, the medical advice you get from the Green Screen is worth what you pay for it so I would suggest discussing this thoroughly with your doctor.

Good luck, sir. I’m told there are few things as debilitating as chronic back or neck pain and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, depending on the enemy in question.

Comment

Working...
                              X