Cool Old Lease Houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Old Lease Houses

I can't imagine living in the houses on properties I've hunted over the years. This is an old one room house that has been twisted by the Kansas winds. It had to be rough with no internet.

Y'all post up some.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oldhouseandwindmill.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	25234044

Was just talking with my grandad today about this. Said they didn’t know any better back then. I wish I had taken pictures of the old homesteads where I’ve hunted. This should be a cool thread.

We stayed in one in Bronte on a lease we were on that you could feel the wind blow through like nothing was there. It had a old wood burning stove, but if it was real cold, it couldn’t keep up. It was a cool place until the scorpions started dropping from the rafters. Haha

Comment

Stayed in one in NW Oklahoma one year that the only way the wall stayed upright was because all the termites were holding hands.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
        Stayed in one in NW Oklahoma one year that the only way the wall stayed upright was because all the termites were holding hands.

Comment

When I was going to Kansas we stayed in a farmhouse that was built around 1900 I think. It was nice but it was drafty and cold

Had to turn the well pump on to fill the cistern under part of the house for water. No idea what it taste like because we always drank bottled water, well water was for showers and toilets

Comment

I hunted a property in Colorado last season that had the old family homestead cabin still on it from the late 1800’s. It snowed on the 4th day of my hunt and I took this photo. Looks like something from Thomas Kinkade
            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome picture Louie. Did you take that with your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                I hunted a property in Colorado last season that had the old family homestead cabin still on it from the late 1800’s. It snowed on the 4th day of my hunt and I took this photo. Looks like something from Thomas Kinkade
                Dude, youre a professional

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

This is the old house and pole barn on my place. My grandfather lived here as a kid with his uncle. It’s not there anymore but there use to be an only wagon road that went up by the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In 1987 we stayed in an old dog run style house outside Huntsville, TX which was on the lease. One side was in bad shape and we found old newspapers they used to insulate the walls with. An older gentleman showed/walked up one day. Retired professor at the college in town. Said he was born in that house and told us the story about it. Showed us underneath where the handhewn cedar beams were that came off the property. Wish I had pictures of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        This is the old house and pole barn on my place. My grandfather lived here as a kid with his uncle. It’s not there anymore but there use to be an only wagon road that went up by the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                        In 1987 we stayed in an old dog run style house outside Huntsville, TX which was on the lease. One side was in bad shape and we found old newspapers they used to insulate the walls with. An older gentleman showed/walked up one day. Retired professor at the college in town. Said he was born in that house and told us the story about it. Showed us underneath where the handhewn cedar beams were that came off the property. Wish I had pictures of it
                        That's really cool to get that history first hand.

Comment

This one is on our lease in young county.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	39C86D85-740C-46CB-8526-2FEB0D0AB984.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	24638305

Comment

That is a really cool pic Luis.

These kind of structures amaze me....especially the older I get. The history lessons and stories those walls could tell??? A rougher, harder lifestyle that gets further and further away from us with time. Something the younger generation will never know. A hardship only us old f**** can relate to. Lol

Comment

Western Kansas.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X