night hog hunting ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

night hog hunting ...

I have several hogs on my place, digging up my fields. They are on camera several times but mostly at night, just after sundown.
    I've never hunted at night but looks like I'll have to, so is there any input here as far as what works and what doesn't?

Light?
    Rifle/shotgun?
    Bait?
    Type of weather?

I would put out a kill light with bait and wait for them to come in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bowhunting hogs at night is the most funnest thing ever. ����

Comment

Get a buddy with a thermal. Corn the roads and then drive into the wind. You’ll kill piles of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the Swine-n-Tines hog light, it gives off a amber color. It is a motion sensor, so I just sit and wait for the hogs to show up. I used my scoped deer rifle, but I have quickly learned that I need an illuminated scope as target acquisition is kinda difficult in dark conditions. So I have to pan over to a lit object, pay attention to where my crosshairs are, find a hog, and squeeze the trigger. But I've learned also that you have all night to shoot a pig, you dont need to rush your shots.

I have a little bait station set up and they come in like clockwork every night. Just sit and wait for them to show up. The last pic is from 65yds and there are hogs at the tire trying to get to the corn. I use store bought long range attractant mixed with corn to lure them in.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Elusive Wildlife makes a good light that you can mount on top of your rifle scope that works good. I have the green and have shot a bunch off my back porch using this set up.

Comment

I run Blindsider's from Elusive Wildlife. They work great.

Comment

I like the light ideas ...!

Comment

Sniper hog light for your bow

Comment

I also use elusive light's

Comment

Sniper hog light works great.
                      Tell you heard About em on TBH and you get a discount I think.
                      I have the mounts for bow and rifle depending on how mad I am at em

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Green light with a lighted scope will work.

Comment

The hogs here at my place became nocturnal I was only seeing them at night. I bought a thermal and can kill them anytime I want now. They still hit the feeders I just have to wait till dark and they run out with no fear till I start spraying anyway.

Comment

Got this one last night i shot her piglet too when he came back to look for her

Comment

I really like hog hunting at night. I haven’t done it in over a year now.

I will have to set up a spot on my place & get after it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X