1911 45 builds from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn it.That looks like it hurt.
    I usually hunt by myself which I know ain't smart but everyone I hang with is either gotten old and quit,lost interest,too lazy,etc. I've been wanting to try to call them with my fox pro during deer season when I have my high power rifle and one of the 45's above in case it gets western. I'm either gonna either find a partner or plan on getting up a tree before calling in a pi---doff sow or a revved up boar.
    I've killed a couple of yotes and several foxes with the compact above. I keep it in my lap and have had them come in from my blind side several times where moving too much would get me busted. it's been bang flop. I think it should take care of a hog, not sure I want to risk getting hurt though!

Comment

Another member sent me the link it's here:

I know that the 45 acp is NOT the perfect weapon for hogs. I reload and can do a lot of different things with it. Like 200 grain going fast or 255 going as fast as i dare,etc. I could also just convert to 460 Rowland or build a new one in 10 MM.

After reading this thread I won't go out where there are hogs without a side arm. Much less use a call while on the ground without one! Or go looking for a wounded one without it in my hand! I'm glad your OKAY Randy.

Comment

Nice job great lookin 1911's

Comment

Nice projects!

460 Rowland in a 1911 frame will be a hog stopper.

Comment

Very cool. Makes me think long and hard about jumping into this one! Thinking about the Damascus slide and salt bluing a stainless frame with black trigger…hmmmmmm (maybe some mammoth grips)
            Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 09-18-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
              Very cool. Makes me think long and hard about jumping into this one! Thinking about the Damascus slide and salt bluing a stainless frame with black trigger…hmmmmmm (maybe some mammoth grips)
              Sounds like a work of art in the making, maybe a custom matching knife to pair with?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Nice projects!

460 Rowland in a 1911 frame will be a hog stopper.
                That is doable or 10mm. I would go with a ramped barrel which has a fully supported chamber if I was going with something hotter than 45+P and maybe a 6" barrel longslide for a full time hunting gun. There are a lot of options to consider

Reading back through my thread it sounds like I work for Caspian LOL. I do not' I had to get a frame somewhere. Man they got some cool stuff most of it is WAY out of my budget. They where easy to deal with as well.

I'm pretty happy how both of mine turned out. I could do more fitting on the compact but I'm the only one that even notices it.
                Last edited by kwarw; 09-20-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I found these guys that are in McKinney TX.That have a 1911 armorers class. It seems more geared to upgrading, Here is the link:

This course is designed for those who not only love to shoot their 1911's, but want to learnthe inner workings of the platform and how to upgrade and fit aftermarket parts to their own1911. The curriculum will also cover the history, design, function and maintenance of the firearm.The course is...

I also found this on TX gun talk about a college in OK that helps you build one.It's an old thread so you would need to check for current info:

I'm looking for an in-person 1911 training class that'd be suitable to acquire a hobbyist level knowledge of the platform - something like the one day Glock Armorer's class, but I'd be interested in a multi-day course if it's what I'm looking for. I DON'T want a class that includes building...

I didn't find it very hard to do this. But I guess a lot of it has to do with your skill set. I have rebuilt engines and worked on stuff all my life. My father was an accountant and couldn't change a light switch.

I forgot to mention that I thought I would UPGRADE the barrel on the GOVT. model and bought a match grade one. I didn't get any upgrade at all. I got all kinds of chamber-ing problems. My MOTTO became if it's tight it AIN'T right. I put the Cheapo one back in runs great.I guess my point is I wouldn't suggest spending a bunch on the first one just go for functional. LOL if you try it you WILL build more than.
                  Last edited by kwarw; 09-20-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	left both (640x480).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	25259184

Click image for larger version

Name:	right both (640x480).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	541.4 KB
ID:	25259185[/QUOTE]

Sick 2 tone