• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are earning their paycheck

Linemen at work.
    Attached Files

Wow!

Comment

Those guys go from that to trapping pigs and stabbing them in the face with sharpened ground rods. Or so Ive been told

Comment

Yes these lines crew folks that keep our electricity flowing do a great job when called upon by Mother Nature. At times I hear of people complaining, I speak up for the workers. Some people just don’t get it and are just habitual complainers (to put it nicely).

Comment

Wait so when is the power back on?

Just kidding. I was in Puerto Rico watching the linemen restore power there. Truly Herculean efforts. Watching the choppers being in parts and watching those guys crawl all over everything gave me a new respect for those folks!

Comment

Why do they need any special thanks or treatment? They knew what they were getting into when they took the job and are high paid doing it.

Actually I was just repeating what I sometimes here when people talk about the police.

The first few years I spent on patrol was on the night shift. I ran into these guys during severe thunderstorms, hurricanes, house and structure fires, poles cut in half from vehicle accidents and every other condition. Because of our jobs we ran into each other quite often. I always stop to talk with them, give them water if they did not have or go get anything they needed. I never ran into one with an attitude. It was a great bunch of people to have around with the crap got tough.

Comment

I thought electricity and water didn't mix?

Extremely thankful for the men and women who take on this career.

Comment

True working class folks right there!

Comment

On last Saturday I had the great pleasure to meet a group from Tennessee while they were repairing/replacing the powerlines near my Mom's house in the hurricane zone... Very cool guys and working their butts off... 16hrs/day, 7days a week. Those guys were getting it DONE!

They also mentioned the fantastic reception they've received from the residents, ..said, if any lineman is hungry it's their own fault as there so many people offering great food.

Comment

Lineman always earn their pay, they are always there at the front line of a natural disaster or working outages all hours of the night. Different breed, some real hands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                      Lineman always earn their pay, they are always there at the front line of a natural disaster or working outages all hours of the night. Different breed, some real hands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      They would rather be wading the water than fighting the snow and ice we had this winter

Comment

They are a special breed. A good friend is a lineman and is all out crazy, and so are his buddies. Hard working fools!
                        They are often overlooked until the power is out.

Comment

Hard workers right there. And if working in them wet jeans don't give you a case of swamp ace...nothing will. Hope they got some gold bond.

Comment

My son & son n law are both linemen..... both of em nuttier then squirrel ****z, but when the chips are on the table I want these two guys in my corner. There is no quit in these guys & when you need them the most they will always be there & do what it takes to get your power back on

Comment

Make for a long day being soaked

Comment

Working...
                              X