covert 3g users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

covert 3g users

Are any of you having trouble with your 3g in certain areas?

Just tried to re-activate a covert code black here at the house in Aledo. It is not connecting to the network. I didn't know if I was too close to the metromess to still carry 3g or possibly something else. Any of you guys having problems or have any tips?

I thought they discontinued the 3g network. At least my Spartans did.

Comment

I’m running a dozen 3G cameras with no issues

1. Try driving down the road a mile or two and then attempt it again

2. Did you have the camera as “inactive” on your plan or did you remove it altogether? Covert told me last week that they can’t activate a 3G device once it has been removed. But you CAN change it from inactive to active, or move it over to another covert account if for some reason you need to

Comment

AT&T had announced staying active until Spring 2022. Just didn't know if that was restricted to certain areas or overall. I could see where they could speed up urban or suburban areas compared to rural...

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
          2. Did you have the camera as “inactive” on your plan or did you remove it altogether? Covert told me last week that they can’t activate a 3G device once it has been removed. But you CAN change it from inactive to active, or move it over to another covert account if for some reason you need to
          Wonder if this has something to do with it. Got em from a buddy thinking I could use this season. I was able to activate on my plan; just hasn't connected yet

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            I thought they discontinued the 3g network. At least my Spartans did.
            Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
            AT&T had announced staying active until Spring 2022. Just didn't know if that was restricted to certain areas or overall. I could see where they could speed up urban or suburban areas compared to rural...

I have one 3G in my arsenal of 6 cameras and it has been money since early 2017. So dependable I have not wanted to switch it out for an extra LTE I have here at home. I'm superstitious that way lol. So....1.5 weeks ago, it quit taking pics and its 5 hours away from me. Just flat out quit right in the middle of a feeding period. Battery was at 90% on the last pic so that shouldn't be it. I am wondering if they shut down 3G in my area. Not supposed to be back to the lease until opening day so I guess I'll find out then with an LTE camera in tow...

Comment

Some 3g areas are being turned down and will be turned down. I have a 3g Covert boat anchor!

Comment

No problems with mine yet but I am having problems with a 4g LTE.

Comment

I have 4 running. 3 are somehow even working in REMOTE areas in OK !

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                    Wonder if this has something to do with it. Got em from a buddy thinking I could use this season. I was able to activate on my plan; just hasn't connected yet
                    Very possible. I would do an online chat with Covert to request their assistance with moving them from his plan to yours. You will need the IMEI number from each camera. I would also obtain his login info as possible so that you can verify that they have been removed from his plan.

Comment

I have one and I cannot get it to connect.

Comment

3G is shutting down. Active plans still working but new plans/renewals aren’t for the most part. I lost one of my cams to it.

Comment

Covert screwed something up.

They renewed my plan with an old credit card. I got notice and renewed with new credit card.

Afterwards had same issue. They first tried to blame the camera and said it was an old one and they dont service them anymore...but would sell me a new one for a slightly discounted rate of course.

Told them I'd just cancel plan and get different camera.

Lo and behold he tried something on his end. Something like re-adding the camera or plan. Anyhow, had it working in no time. Left a bad taste in my mouth trying to blame camera.

That being said..the camera has been otherwise flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy360 View Post
                            Covert screwed something up.

They renewed my plan with an old credit card. I got notice and renewed with new credit card.

Afterwards had same issue. They first tried to blame the camera and said it was an old one and they dont service them anymore...but would sell me a new one for a slightly discounted rate of course.

Told them I'd just cancel plan and get different camera.

Lo and behold he tried something on his end. Something like re-adding the camera or plan. Anyhow, had it working in no time. Left a bad taste in my mouth trying to blame camera.

That being said..the camera has been otherwise flawless.

I tried the same thing. Told them I was canceling my plan on the other cameras. They just sent me the link on how to request a refund/cancellation! lol

Comment

Working...
                            X