Parents ac is blowing hot air from the vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents ac is blowing hot air from the vents

They said the fan is running but the air out of the vent is hot. Where should I start looking for the problem

Walk outside and see if the condenser fan is turning and the compressor is running

Comment

The fan is running not sure about the compressor. I’m at a wedding so dang the luck

Comment

May be froze up. Shot it off for an hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          May be froze up. Shot it off for an hour or so.
          This^^^ Check condenser inside. If iced over turn ac off and go to fan only for a bit.

Comment

Mine did this when the condensation line was clogged. If that’s it get an air compressor or a shop vac to clear the line. Pain in the butt

Comment

Yup, turn off & check to see if the secondary drain is flowing as well...change filter if dirty.

Comment

Call the AC folks!

Comment

Check filters!

Comment

Had the same problem last year and it was some kind of switch/capacitor that kicks the compressor on

Outside fan was running but nothing moving in the lines.
                    Stayed semi cool for the couple of days it took to get part

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      This^^^ Check condenser inside. If iced over turn ac off and go to fan only for a bit.
                      Then clean the coils with a shop vac

Comment

Check the float valve. If the drain line is plugged the water backs up and the float valve cuts off the compressor to avoid flooding.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBFL-l0uxY"]Air Conditioner Not Cooling: Float Switches and Drain Pipe Clogs - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                            The fan is running not sure about the compressor. I’m at a wedding so dang the luck
                            '
                            You're at a wedding. Book a hotel or have them drive to your house.

Fix this tomorrow if you can, or Monday with an AC repair man

Comment

If the compressor isn't running, check the capacitor. If it is swollen (bulging out on the sides) that's probably the problem. It's usually a less than $50 part and easy to replace. Getting one might be another story....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X