This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    Bull****! No one is coveting the tu football program. It’s trash! Maybe ou but not tu.
    Exactly. Not one comment in here about adding power house OU. Ags and SEC are not afraid of competition. OU would be a great fit. No one wants Texas.

Sips are like every Californian moving to TX. We ****ed up our own conference so bad let’s move to a new conference... and once we get there, we will do everything in our power to change it to how we want it to be. That school in Austin represents everything that is wrong in this country.

All the beautiful college towns in the SE we get to visit and tailgate, let’s add the most liberal school and City in the South. We can step over Hobo Hippies everywhere with students running around swinging dildos. Not a good fit in the SEC

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
      Bull****! No one is coveting the tu football program. It’s trash! Maybe ou but not tu.
      Only Aggy thinks its just about football lol.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Exactly. Not one comment in here about adding power house OU. Ags and SEC are not afraid of competition. OU would be a great fit. No one wants Texas.

Sips are like every Californian moving to TX. We ****ed up our own conference so bad let’s move to a new conference... and once we get there, we will do everything in our power to change it to how we want it to be. That school in Austin represents everything that is wrong in this country.

All the beautiful college towns in the SE we get to visit and tailgate, let’s add the most liberal school and City in the South. We can step over Hobo Hippies everywhere with students running around swinging dildos. Not a good fit in the SEC
        But dressing in drag is fine?
        I get it, but let’s just call it what it really is. Aggies know if this goes down, they will once again be in Texas’s shadow.
        Last edited by Rubi513; 07-24-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Exactly!! I don't care what conference you are in or who the head coach is. When recruits come to campus and see the freak show they might as well go to USC. At least they have nice beaches!!

Comment

Lol at Aggy.

So why on earth did they take y'all and Missouri? Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-24-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
              Exactly!! I don't care what conference you are in or who the head coach is. When recruits come to campus and see the freak show they might as well go to USC. At least they have nice beaches!!
              You might want to go back and look at the last 5 years recruiting rankings. If the SEC is as great as y'all say it is you ain't gonna like those rankings in the future. [emoji23]

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

I’m sure all of the league “presidents” were in on the discussions, but he obviously left people in the dark that felt more important than they are so it was leaked before the declarations were submitted on Monday.

Texas Pres.Jay Hartzell and Board of Regents chair Kevin Eltiife are leading this move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Chad C; 07-24-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Lol at Aggy.

So why on earth did they take y'all and Missouri? Lol.

That's the attitude that drove 4 schools from the Big 12 and the attitude that destroyed the Big 12 ultimately.

Good luck in the SEC.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

According to the latest report, the league that Clemson football fans have had the most disdain for the last decade has had 'serious contact.'

Clemson football fans have been anxiously awaiting to see what might be in store for the Tigers in the near future following the massive conference realignment rumors that are taking place across the landscape of College Football.

Everything all started with reports that Texas and Oklahoma were considering leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. In less than 24 hours, those reports have become all but confirmations and the expectation at this point is that the Longhorns and Sooners will be giving their notice to the Big 12 next week and filing the application to join the SEC, as well.

With the additions of Texas and Oklahoma, the SEC will be up to 16 teams but one report says the conference doesn’t want to stop there.

Barstool Sports’ Jack McGuire reports that the SEC has been in ‘serious contact’ with Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan and Florida State about leaving their respective conferences to join the league. The ultimate goal? To have a true 20-team mega conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      But dressing in drag is fine?
                      I get it, but let’s just call it what it really is. Aggies know if this goes down, they will once again be in Texas’s shadow.
                      Ags will not be in Horns shadows for many years in football with Jimbo. Horns will be the little brother that followed us. I’m seriously not worried about football one bit. Yea recruiting will change some but you guys can’t win with 5 stars against Big 12 schools with good coaches and 2 star players.
                      Good article that came out last month why Horns will continue to suck until they make big changes at the top. Look what Mac Brown has accomplished with way less resources away from that dumpster fire.

In Basketball, yes 100% horns will dominate.

Comment

Lol, just basketball. It’s funny to watch everyone’s attempts to be snarky around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Finebaum reported it, he held back some but I think he's correct, it's also been reported by local media.

Do I think A&M leadership was happy about it, no. Do I think they went along without arguing, no. I also think there are several Regents who may have been brought in late in the game and are still upset by it.

But I don't think the SEC would make a change like this without brining all the schools in on it especially A&M in this instance. That's just not how you run a strong organization.
                          SEC originally came to Texas and OU at the end of 2019 about joining. At that point the SEC had all but three schools verbal approval. The three they didn't have had zero clue anything was going down. Those three are TAMU, Mizzo, and Arky. I know why they left TAMU and Mizzo out of the discussion not sure on Ary. Early in 2020 Texas and OU responded to SEC and said they were both highly interested and needed to figure out all aspects before going public. SEC agreed to shut down discussion on everything....and apparently they did a great job of it.

Fast forward to a few months ago. ESPN, SEC, Texas and somewhat OU had worked out everything. Texas lets LHN go but gets paid remainder of contract for dismantling. ESPN verbally agrees what new contracts will be with Texas and OU added. Its a huge number to everyone involved conference wide.

At that point Texas and OU tell Fox and everyone else they will not discuss TV rights at this time. Which at "this time" was the time they were supposed to renegotiate. That was the fire red flag that really everyone missed including myself. I thought to myself that it was odd not to renegotiate when it was your time. I never thought a decision on new conference had been made.

This is when the last three in SEC were notified of the new teams being added. They were also asked to keep it on the down low. For some reason TAMU decided to leak the story hours before Jimbo stepped up to the podium. This is still dumbfounding to me. As it left Jimbo talking about Texas and OU instead of his team for the majority of the time. I'm not sure why they thought that was a good idea. I will spill more beans as I am given them. Nothing new to report at this moment other than UT and OU are 99% in the SEC. I leave the 1% as nothing has been signed but everyone involved is chomping at the bit to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Lol, just basketball. It’s funny to watch everyone’s attempts to be snarky around here.

This is a college football thread. Do you want to go in great detail of every dang sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              That's the attitude that drove 4 schools from the Big 12 and the attitude that destroyed the Big 12 ultimately.

Good luck in the SEC.
                              You know why you are wrong? Because Aggies started the smack talk about the Texas football program and Austin. I merely asked a question.

Comment

Ags will not be in Horns shadows for many years in football with Jimbo. Horns will be the little brother that followed us. I’m seriously not worried about football one bit. Yea recruiting will change some but you guys can’t win with 5 stars against Big 12 schools with good coaches and 2 star players.
                                Good article that came out last month why Horns will continue to suck until they make big changes at the top. Look what Mac Brown has accomplished with way less resources away from that dumpster fire.

In Basketball, yes 100% horns will dominate.
                                Or Sarkisian is the right coach and the SEC recruiting bump will elevate Texas classes to Ohio State and Alabama level. 5-8 5 star kids per class. No 3 stars.

Y'all still have a great coach and a program on the rise. Perhaps both can be good at the same time for the first time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X