Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got these shirts for sale for the UT move to the SEC.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      I thought it was just McMurphy that reported that all the schools were in the loop. Did you see it somewhere else.

The only one I had seen running with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everybody in the SEC will be fine. The super conference of the land

The losers of all this are the 8 remaining big 12 teams that just got ****ed and left in the cold. That’s the real story here, I feel sorry for those fans and alumni

Comment

I thought it was just McMurphy that reported that all the schools were in the loop. Did you see it somewhere else.
          For what it’s worth, Finebaum yesterday evening on his show said he would stake it on his reputation that it would be impossible that at least the Presidents of all the schools knew about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            A&M better be careful. It only takes 2/3 vote to kick them out of the conference. That’s less schools than it takes to be voted in!
            Look at these tea sips coveting thy neighbor. My o my how times have changed. Went from “we don’t need SEC, we have LHN” to “pretty please let us in the SEC”.
            Last edited by Chase This!; 07-24-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

A&M, Tech, Baylor, OK state and the rest of big 12 plus Notre Dame to BIG 10. That would be an intersting match for SEC...

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                Look at these tea sips coveting thy neighbor. My o my how times have changed. Went from “we don’t need SEC, we have LHN” to “pretty please let us in the SEC”.

We don’t have to go SEC so it’s not begging them to let us in. The SEC is coveting Texas / Ou.

We have options. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                  A&M, Tech, Baylor, OK state and the rest of big 12 plus Notre Dame to BIG 10. That would be an intersting match for SEC...

Which three teams are you kicking out the Big 10?

Comment

Finebaum reported it, he held back some but I think he's correct, it's also been reported by local media.

Do I think A&M leadership was happy about it, no. Do I think they went along without arguing, no. I also think there are several Regents who may have been brought in late in the game and are still upset by it.

But I don't think the SEC would make a change like this without brining all the schools in on it especially A&M in this instance. That's just not how you run a strong organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Finebaum reported it, he held back some but I think he's correct, it's also been reported by local media.

Do I think A&M leadership was happy about it, no. Do I think they went along without arguing, no. I also think there are several Regents who may have been brought in late in the game and are still upset by it.

But I don't think the SEC would make a change like this without brining all the schools in on it especially A&M in this instance. That's just not how you run a strong organization.
                      I also think there will be some higher ups in favor of it.

Comment

This is what I was thinking... The SEC wouldn't "have an affair" with A&M's sister!

But it wouldn't look so bad for Texas if A&M didn't know about it. Instead of A&M allowing them/approving them coming into the conference.. Would reduce the negative look on Texas' part with the whole "we don't need the SEC, we have LHN." To "Hey can we come to y'alls party, it looks fun."

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          We don’t have to go SEC so it’s not begging them to let us in. The SEC is coveting Texas / Ou.

We have options. [emoji1]

Bull****! No one is coveting the tu football program. It’s trash! Maybe ou but not tu.

Comment

(Not sure why I can't get the tweet to embed correctly. Need more coffee)

I'm with Staples on this one. Instead of worrying about pulling off a secret behind the scenes deal and embarrassing A&M, Texas needs to be worried about how a second year coach is going to do in a new conference.

Can Sark sustain a 5-6 loss season this year and next and still be a viable Longhorn coach?
                            Last edited by Dave; 07-24-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/sta...72282609184768
                              (Not sure why I can't get the tweet to embed correctly. Need more coffee)

I'm with Staples on this one. Instead of worrying about pulling off a secret behind the scenes deal and embarrassing A&M, Texas needs to be worried about how a second year coach is going to do in a new conference.

Can Sark sustain a 5-6 loss season this year and next and still be a viable Longhorn coach?

I don’t think embarrassing A&M was ever part of the plan. The petty bs is not on the table when you are talking deals of this magnitude.

The pressure to win is always at Texas, but it’s probably cranked up a few notches. Hopefully Sark is the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                Bull****! No one is coveting the tu football program. It’s trash! Maybe ou but not tu.

It’s amazing you can’t see the forest because of the trees. It’s amazing people walk through life with so much hatred that it doesn’t allow to think rationally. Sad really.

Comment

Working...
                                X