HVACR career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVACR career

My name is Toby McClain. I’ve spent 22 years in the oilfield but am looking to make a change. I spent 7 months in trade school earning a diploma in HVACR and have TDLR, EPA 608 Universal, EPA 609, and TWIC certifications.
    I have a lot to learn but pick things up quickly and have a natural talent for troubleshooting. Any job leads would be much appreciated!

Move to ncks, open a shop.

Comment

I don't have any personal leads for you, but I think you probably made a good choice for a career change. Been thinking of doin it myself.
      Looks like there are plenty of openings in the Houston area though:

Best of luck to you bud. I doubt you will be looking for too long.

Comment

Very smart move. Do honest work and your business will be to big to handle ! When I lived in Frisco there were probably 2 HVAC guys and 2 plumbers that had excellent reputations for honesty and fairness and they stayed swamped. We had local AC company in my small town that said I need a new system, called another company and they repaired for less than $300 and now they are the only ones I call or recommend.

Comment

Toby is alive!

Been back to that wood duck hole lately? [emoji2]

Comment

You interested in relocating or want to stay in Kingwood area?

Comment

I think you made an excellent choice with HVACR. With the initiative you have demonstrated and the certifications you have I would think you would be in demand. Was the trade school you attended no help in finding something?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Toby is alive!

Been back to that wood duck hole lately? [emoji2]
                Hey Bobby!
                I’ve been here just quiet.
                Haven’t been to the woody hole in years. It got too crowded and the birds left.
                How have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  You interested in relocating or want to stay in Kingwood area?
                  I need to stay in Kingwood. I have 1 son finishing high school next year and another about to start. I don’t want to uproot them now.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    I think you made an excellent choice with HVACR. With the initiative you have demonstrated and the certifications you have I would think you would be in demand. Was the trade school you attended no help in finding something?
                    The school is helping some but I want to do everything I can to make something happen.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                      I don't have any personal leads for you, but I think you probably made a good choice for a career change. Been thinking of doin it myself.
                      Looks like there are plenty of openings in the Houston area though:

Best of luck to you bud. I doubt you will be looking for too long.
                      Thanks! I’ve mostly been checking linkedin and with local companies. Looks like a lot of good prospects on indeed.

Comment

Go to the parts house's and ask the counter guys. They should be able to point you in the right direction. I would recommend going commerical.

Comment

we are always looking...click here to apply

Apply now to join the team at Direct Service, Construction & Design.

Comment

Check with Charlie at @ Madd Air if you haven’t already. Great group of guys over there.

Comment

Join the local 211 union they run the HVACR techs that work on the large refrigeration machines. I have a 7500 ton machine that I service the turbine driving the compressor and Johnsons control services the chiller part with some of my direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X