No announcement yet.

Sonora / Sutton County 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the rut shaping up in Sonora? Headed down Saturday to spend a week trying to catch a big one slippin up!

Comment

In for a report also. Packing now to head down for the week. Hows everyone doing?

Comment

Lots of bucks chasing this past weekend, responded to rattling well. I’m headed back Friday afternoon to see if I can get lucky! Looks like most of our axis have dropped recently too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got in late last night actually early this morning. Saw tons of deer out feeding along the highway during the middle of the night..... Settled in now so we will see what happens. Clear cold morning with zero wind.

Comment

Congrats Bisch.

Comment

anybody put any Turkeys down yet??

Comment

Good morning fellas, been down here all week filling feeders and such. I was going to try and put in some turkey hunts yesterday and today but mother nature said other wise. Yesterday started with a nice rain which was much needed but rapidly changed into the worst hail storm I have been in!! We had sizes upwards of the size of tennis balls! Completed covered the ground. Lost power until about midnight last night. Will be doing damage assessments today but I know the vehicles are damaged. All have busted windshields. As of last night we had a little over an 1” of rain.

Comment

Anybody know of someone in the area with a tractor that can help move a stand this weekend? We have one big stand we need to get off a area and dont have the equipment to move it. Renting one is even a option if someone is local that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                    Anybody know of someone in the area with a tractor that can help move a stand this weekend? We have one big stand we need to get off a area and dont have the equipment to move it. Renting one is even a option if someone is local that does it.
                    My cousin rents one from San Angelo once a year. That's not too far.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                      I would ask the folks at Rafter W feed. They may know of someone in the area that does that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        I would ask the folks at Rafter W feed. They may know of someone in the area that does that sort of thing.
                        Definitely gonna do this, if not guess we will just have to leave it behind unfortunately.

Comment

Dang, got some pictures from the landowner. Several feeders blown over, tress broke off, a deer stand damaged, and several other things. Anything being reported as in a twister or straight line winds down in that area recently?

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                            Dang, got some pictures from the landowner. Several feeders blown over, tress broke off, a deer stand damaged, and several other things. Anything being reported as in a twister or straight line winds down in that area recently?
                            Where bouts are you located? I know they've had some good storms come through the last week or two.

Comment

We are just west of the caverns off Glascock

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                                We are just west of the caverns off Glascock
                                Ok, one of our guys was up last weekend and a lightening bolt took out 4,000' of telephone cable, but that appears to be the only issue. We're south of the Caverns ~10 miles

Comment

Working...
                                X