When should we hunt????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should we hunt????

My daughter drew a 2nd chance muzzleloader buck antelope tag in Colorado. We can hunt anytime from Sept 20th -29th. The moon is pretty full the entire time.

Not sure if I should go day 1 or should I wait a few days to see if the crowd is less? The season starts on a Tuesday and ends the next Thursday. Plan on hunting 3-5 days if needed.

Interested in your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When should we hunt????

If your flexible with time, I’d wait until it got closer and see if there are going to be any shifts in temperature or weather.

Congrats and good luck to you and your daughter! Should be great hunt regardless of outcome or weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remember, antelope are active most all daylight hours s I'd hunt from day one before they get stirred up any.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Remember, antelope are active most all daylight hours s I'd hunt from day one before they get stirred up any.
        This. Pronghorn aren’t night crawlers like deer. Those dates should hit the rut or at least the beginning of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I would be scouted and ready to bust cap on 1st day early

Comment

I'd go Day 1, personally.

Comment

I am with the others on day one getting after it.

Comment

Scout early and bust a buck as he stands up in the morning as the sun wakes him on opening morning. They are active all during the day and bedded all night. They have great day time vision but because of that their night time vision is awful, keeping them in one place at night unless spooked.

Comment

Go a few days early and find a cpl good ones and kill one on day 1

Comment

Haven't been in years but in Who. The crowds seems to dwindle drastically after the first few days of season.

Comment

I’d hunt every possible day I could until I was successful

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        Scout early and bust a buck as he stands up in the morning as the sun wakes him on opening morning. They are active all during the day and bedded all night. They have great day time vision but because of that their night time vision is awful, keeping them in one place at night unless spooked.
                        This would be my plan.

Comment

Soon as you can

Comment

Moon won't affect your antelope hunting, but it is most definately not full then. The new moon is on 9/27, so it will be pretty dark anywhere between 20th and 29th. Good luck to your daughter. Ready for the ldp post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Early and often!

Comment

Working...
                              X