Something new this season :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new this season :D

Got the itch to give this trad thing a try. Picked up this Sarrels Sierra from a fellow TBHer and had Jason at Hoffy’s archery build me some arrows. Talk about an addiction - it’s like discovering archery all over again. Of course there’s lots of new things to learn. One thing for sure is this is definitely going to be a short game. At my DL I’m only pulling about 35 pounds. These arrows weigh about 480 grains. Hopefully a 150 grain head at 10 to 15 yards will be enough to take out a deer…if it ever gets there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats and welcome to the dark side. Through the years we had several animals killed with 35 pound bows. Good luck with it.

Comment

it can be an expensive addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the trad club - looking forward to the first LDP!

Comment

You'll be fine with a sharp head and good shot choices. Good luck this season.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent! I just got a new longbow myself. Building arrows this weekend.

Comment

Maybe it's the angle. But those look like some 4-ft arrows!

In any case: that's some good shooting. You poke one in the lung and things will work out just fine.
              Last edited by SJP51; 08-27-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Yay! Glad to see you on the ‘other’ side!

Comment

You put the arrow in the right place, and only take good angled close shots, and you’ll be fine with that setup!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good lookin shots from a good looking bow MsSika. I look forward to the LDPs.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome, and check out Traditional Bowhunters of Texas . Too late for this 3D season but February will be here soon enough. Lots of good people happy to help out and excellent practice. One of the very best shoots in nearby Vanderpool.

Comment

Looks like you are already stacking arrows with your bow so you will do just fine on deer and any other critters. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Excellent! I just got a new longbow myself. Building arrows this weekend.

Don’t forget your magnifying glasses Paw Paw Bobby

And congratulations I had a hard time deciding between the sierra and the blue ridge I ended up with the blue ridge they’re great Bows
                            Last edited by airehead; 08-28-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Sorry... wrong thread
                              Last edited by Chew; 08-28-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X