Cellular Trail Camera Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Trail Camera Recommendation

I am in the market to purchase a few cellular trail cameras. I do not know much about them, and was curious if anyone had any recommendations. I would probably be interested in something thats falls in the middle of the price range for them.

I also am not familiar with how the monthly payments work (if any) so any info related to that would be helpful also. Thanks.

I recommend WiseEye. One cool feature is the huntcontrol feature that separates your photos based on species and identifies bucks from doe.

Comment

Tactacam. Pay $13 a month for unlimited and then suspend it in the offseason.

Comment

I love my Reolink 4g with solar panel. Super clear...with tilt, pan and zoom. Even has an alarm if you want to scare off unwanted critters. [emoji23]

It is cool to get an alert and then watch "live" video of anything happening. AT&T or TMobile SIM card and $10 month. Easy to navigate free app and great CS.

Reolink 4G LTE Cellular Security Camera Outdoor, Pan Tilt, Wireless Solar Powered, 2K HD Night Vision, 2-Way Talk, Smart Person/Vehicle Detection, No WiFi, Go PT Plus with Solar Panel -US Version https://a.co/d/7YNIOLq

Comment

I had a couple spypoints that lasted a couple seasons and then just stopped sending pics. Didn't matter what I tried they wouldn't send. The signal was also weak even when brand new.

I just bought the latest Tactacam, I think its called the X Pro and it comes with both ATT & Verizon sim cards. The signal is much stronger with these cams for some reason. Where I would get 1 bar with a spypoint I can get 3 bars with the Tactacam.

The only plus for the spypoint is the free 100 pic /month plan.

Comment

Stealth cam going on its 3rd season. Spends hunting season in west Texas, off season in south Texas on pigs. Still going. Have a second ready to go. Haven’t had to use it yet.
            Attached Files

Comment

5 responses and not a duplicate brand yet lol. Thanks for the input guys, keep them coming.

Comment

I just bought two Tactacam Reveal X gen 2. I did the unlimited pics for both cams and the average cost for the data plan was like $100 per cam per year. They give you a break for every one you add after the 1st camera.

I committed to a year because I am on a new place and really want to get ahead of the learning curve of understanding what I am dealing with since I live around 6.5 hours from the lease. My brother actually set them up yesterday and I am already getting a ton of pics. I did get the external solar panel, which was like an extra $50 bucks. They do sell another version with a built in solar panel for a little more money so that might be the route to go.

You a can also pay $5 bucks extra and get 50 HD pics per $5 dollars. I just did the HD option just to see the difference. Here is a non HD pic from the camera on a small 10 point so you can see the quality you will get. I will post the HD pic when they send it to me, which normally takes about 12 hours from request, depending on how you have your settings set up. It can be instant, but that’s not how I have my setting set up. It drains you batteries faster if you want HD pics sent instantly. All in all, I like it but It has only been up for less than 24 hours.

Pic of small 10 and night pick of a but load of hogs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	24688824

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pigs at night for night pic reference
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	4f1d70b0-601b-455c-bbc1-6ffe46ab27be.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	24688825

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tactacam

Comment

Have 2 Tactacams and have been great so far for 2 years

Comment

Tactacam or Spartan hands down! I run both

I will not ever run Spypoint, Covert, or Moultrie again

Comment

Anyone try the Moultrie Edge yet? Works with any carrier and auto connects. Had a customer tell me about it but that's all I know.

Comment

We run 8-10 tactacams and love them. It also helps that we are a dealer, so hit me up if that is the route you decide to go.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                              I had a couple spypoints that lasted a couple seasons and then just stopped sending pics. Didn't matter what I tried they wouldn't send. The signal was also weak even when brand new.

I just bought the latest Tactacam, I think its called the X Pro and it comes with both ATT & Verizon sim cards. The signal is much stronger with these cams for some reason. Where I would get 1 bar with a spypoint I can get 3 bars with the Tactacam.

The only plus for the spypoint is the free 100 pic /month plan.
                              Same on Spypoint, worked great for 6 months.

The cameras still work, just wont transmit. Pics are sitting in the transmit folder on the card.

I've done everything they suggested, even upgraded cards and nada.

Comment

Working...
                              X