No announcement yet.

Fillet Knife Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rapala wood handle is hard to beat. Now if you're cleaning armadillos not thick enough

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
      I'm looking into getting a new fillet knife since I'm about to be living by the lake. Anyone got any first hand use with Bubba knives or the Havalon Baracuta? Midway has a sale on them both and people seem to like them but I don't have any experience with either brand. If you guys have any other preferences shoot em at me
      What are you typically filleting? Crappie?

I was fortunate enough to be gifted a bubba by someone here on this site. It will blow through crappie(our main use) without blinking. I would highly recommend. Been using about 3 yrs now. Before that it was Rapala, also solid.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        What are you typically filleting? Crappie?

I was fortunate enough to be gifted a bubba by someone here on this site. It will blow through crappie(our main use) without blinking. I would highly recommend. Been using about 3 yrs now. Before that it was Rapala, also solid.
        Crappie and maybe some catfish if I feel like running trot lines after deer season

Comment

If you're going electric hands down America Angler.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            If you're going electric hands down America Angler.

This, hands down. I cleaned 1000's of whitebass with one until a dog drug if off. I saw him out the kitchen window and I could catch the SOB before he got out of sight.

Comment

Hard to beat a Rapala, large and small for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                This, hands down. I cleaned 1000's of whitebass with one until a dog drug if off. I saw him out the kitchen window and I could catch the SOB before he got out of sight.
                [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

I think Buck still makes the 121, and Knives of Alaska has a filet knife, too. And I've heard the Bubba knives are good. I don't have one yet, though.

Comment

Bubba blade cordless with rechargeable battery.

Comment

I have a Bubba blade, a rapala, and a Mr. Twister. I use all of them. For lots of fish I use the Mr. Twister. For just a few, the Bubba blade, for cleaning up filets or cutting bait the rapala.

Comment

Cutco is the best. Stays sharp and lifetime guarantee. Adjustable lenths as well.

Comment

I’ve had a couple Mister Twisters for years, and they’re great if you’ve got a place to plug them in. I’ve been wanting something cordless, so I don’t have to bring the fish back to my house and then haul off carcasses. I recently bought a couple Bubba cordless filet knives and love them.

Comment

I have a 7”,& 8” Dexter regular filet and a 9” Dexter serrated they all work great. The serrated eats through big red snapper and red fish. The Bubba I have works well too but I wished it was the tapered flex. Mine is the regular 9” flex so it’s wide.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
                              Bubba blade cordless with rechargeable battery.
                              this is what we use

Comment

Working...
                              X