Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Used Big Tine in a Broadcast Feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Used Big Tine in a Broadcast Feeder?

My best friend is going to begin trying to feed the Big Tine mix in his corn feeder. I’ve not used it but it shows to be a mix of corn, milo, and sunflower seed. Seems like it would clog up, mold, and not work well.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

With smaller seed like milo and sunflower….it should flow just fine. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work?

Comment

Is the “fortified with Big Tine nitro mineral…” a loose mineral that’s mixed in with it? Cuz if that’s the case, I’m with you Boomer, I think that’ll attract moisture and clog. If it was just the straight corn/milo/sunflower seed, I bet it might work. Even then I could see the heavier seed separating as it “funnels down” when it spins daily, and you’d end up with a lot of milo towards the end. Course I tend to over think things from time to time too… Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I used it all last season until they got crazy on the price. I would not broadcast it unless you are attracting doves. Lots of small seeds in the mix. If he wants the smell just buy the Big Tine powder mix that comes in a small plastic jar that he can mix in with corn.

Comment

If you mix it with corn it will flow fine in a feeder as I have used a similar mix of sunflower, milo and peanuts. I'd be careful using the big tine feed in a metal feeder as there is salt added to it. And the big tine cherry attractant powder is straight up sodium chloride

Comment

Working...
          X