Money market/savings rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money market/savings rates?

Who has the best rates these days for parking dollars temporarily? Thanks.

I use Ally Bank. Not sure if they are the highest but their online savings account and their money market both pay 1.40% right now

Comment

If you are ok parking them dollars for atleast a year, check out series I savings bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        I use Ally Bank. Not sure if they are the highest but their online savings account and their money market both pay 1.40% right now
        Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
        If you are ok parking them dollars for at least a year, check out series I savings bonds.
        Will use it to build a new house so a year won't be happening. Thanks.

Comment

Tagged - interested as well

Comment

Marcus by Goldman Sachs >>> high yield savings account is at 1.5% right now

Comment

Crazy. We live in a day and age where "high yield" is 1.5%

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                Crazy. We live in a day and age where "high yield" is 1.5%
                Yes, and I feel that banks haven't responded to the rise in fed rates. I know they don't have to 100% correlate together, but rates our rising everywhere accept with our savings.

Comment

Originally posted by jtd498 View Post
                  Marcus by Goldman Sachs >>> high yield savings account is at 1.5% right now
                  Same. It’s saving account not investment. Made for short term and easy to withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                    Yes, and I feel that banks haven't responded to the rise in fed rates. I know they don't have to 100% correlate together, but rates our rising everywhere accept with our savings.
                    There are more dollars deposited in US banks right now than at any other time in history thanks to the trillions that were pumped out by the gov't during Covid. All those PPP "loans" just got deposited in banks. Banks have excess liquidity and don't need any more. They have no incentive to pay up for deposits to attract more when they don't have enough loan demand to lend out the dollars they already have. Don't hold your breath waiting to earn a bunch on deposits. Not going to happen

Comment

lending club 2.07%

lending club 2.07% is the best I can find right now.

Comment

There are more dollars deposited in US banks right now than at any other time in history thanks to the trillions that were pumped out by the gov't during Covid. All those PPP "loans" just got deposited in banks. Banks have excess liquidity and don't need any more. They have no incentive to pay up for deposits to attract more when they don't have enough loan demand to lend out the dollars they already have. Don't hold your breath waiting to earn a bunch on deposits. Not going to happen
                        Good info, thanks.

Comment

This is 100% accurate. Although I do think you will gradually some increase in deposit rates, it won’t be anywhere close to how fast the Fed is moving their rates

Comment

Look at a CD. Seen rates over 3-3.5% rather short term

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Look at a CD. Seen rates over 3-3.5% rather short term

Yep CDs rates are starting to come back. If doing Jumbo there are some pretty good rates right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X