No announcement yet.

Cattle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breed don’t matter( as long as it’s not like longhorn) Throw you a few cows out there with a GOOD bull and your set. The bull is half the product. But I would suggest some sort of Angus/Hereford/Charlaois type cow. Or possibly Brangus

Comment

Corriente cows crossed to a mishona bull.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
        Make sure they are weaned or have very good fences. They will hunt their mommas for a few days.

I’m replacing all my perimeter fences now and building pens. Then throwing cows in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          I'm sure he's wanting to keep his AG exception.

This. And I need some business expenses and cows will certainly fit the bill

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            I'm sure he's wanting to keep his AG exception.
            Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            This. And I need some business expenses and cows will certainly fit the bill
            I think you can get a 6mos? or 1yr? "off pasture" for pasture "rest/rotation/etc". Heck with the drought you may get more. Check with county

Comment

I have started selling grass feed beef this year to my coworkers and friends. We are now selling at farmers markets and online. We have chosen Bradfords, brangus, brahman mix, Charolais, pretty much any polled commercial beef bred and haven't noticed a difference in taste or customer criticism. But any black steer will struggle putting on weight during the summer. It's taste different but most of my customers are looking for that taste. Like someone above said it's would be better to raise steers instead of a cow/calf operation. And I would buy from a neighbor before going to an auction barn. Also I have heard south/red polls are the best and I have 2 breeders I'm working with to check out there meat.

Comment

Working...
              X